View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 AM

Default General Stanley McChristal - poll.

Here's the MSNBC poll. 70% say the General should stay !

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37865973...new_york_times

This may be posted elsewhere but I haven't found it yet.

I disagree with some reporters that McChrystal committed insubordination. He didn't disobey anything. He only spoke frankly and candidly, if irresponsibly, in private discussions with a leftist reporter who was stuck by the Iceland volcano incident and couldn't travel.

Although I feel that the General, and his staff, were indiscreet in voicing their opinions, off the record and out of public earshot of the Commander in Chief and his staff, basically he simply told the unvarnished truth. His actions do not exactly rise to the level of being fired. He does, however, deserve a strong reprimand. Some military disagree with my opinion. They think he broke protocol for military discipline and I respect their opinions.

The bottom line is that Obama brought this all upon himself, aided by his staff, by not supporting the General, not cooperating, criticizing the General and opposing his command and performance publicly. Obama's lack of experience, vacillations, in-decisions were the catalyst that precipitated this dis-accord between the White House and our Military in Afghanistan. If anyone should apologize it is Obama to the American people. This boondoggle is what we get from a passel of left wing, liberal yahoo's.

Freedom of speech ????? No, not at all. Telling the truth can get someone in a large amount of trouble.

This President is piling up an impressive number of failures. Now his Chief of Staff, Rahm Emmanuel, is reported to be leaving at the end of this year. No doubt because the ship is sinking. Even Emmanuel doesn't agree with Obamas naive ideology.

Looks more and more like a one term Presidency.