View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Well, Eagle1, that was certainly an honest response. You have a higher opinion of Nazis than I have, but I respect yours nevertheless. I've never personally known any modern American Nazis so I'm somewhat at a loss as to how to judge them, but if they want to exterminate another six million of my people I don't think I could support them in any endeavor. Fortunately there's a big difference between the current group of Nazis and those from 1930's Germany, which is that the latter group had Hitler leading them. The current group has no real leader and therefore we probably don't have as much to fear from them.
Phil even with what my observations have been I would say that we must always be wary of what certain "leaders" can bring about.

It isn't just the jews who suffered the insufferable, there have been genocides brought about on this planet that defy the imagination of any creative writer in terms of the misery an horror that was wrought.

Whomever takes the reins of power be it in America, Adolph Hitlers' Germany or any other sovereign state gets to decide what will be done.

Once a person is in a position of authority that very authority can be used to force their countrymen into doing the very things that they detest.

A German doctor I spoke to when in highschool told me that being a NAZI was a requirement and so he became one even though he didn't like it.

A very notable and noble member of the NAZI party was Schindler of Schindlers List fame. A man who struggled to save as many jewish lives as he could while braving certain danger.

When it comes to our interactions with white supremacy groups (not all of them are NAZIs) we must impress upon them the failure that was Hitlers Germany and that if anything Hitler's Germany was a model of how things should not be done.

So while I see the good things in these folk I am also keenly aware of the darkness that envelopes the good aspects of their persons.

I do not have any NAZI or white power friends and of course given my way of thinking I would not fit in other than as AG puts it, that we can sort of be an alternative choice.

Jean however cites wisdom in that we are not hardcore enough for a lot of these kids.

I believe the Nazis would loose a lot of membership if there was a simple patriotic group representative of white Americans that has no ties to NAZIs, KKK or such.

A group of the sort would have to be para military, strong in its philosophy and teachings and capable of giving a sense of power and dignity to its membership. I believe that there is a void here that could be filled.
But by whom I do not know.

In any case peace and let us hope for a better tomorrow through the exercise of wisdom, good judgement, compassion and strength.