View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM

The evidently inevitable discussion about whether race indicates certain beliefs and certain predispositions, a discussion I find distasteful and essentially a counterproductive waste of time.

EVERYONE is prejudiced about something, even Mother Teresa. It's what one does with it that counts.

As well, the premise of your post could be interpreted as affirmative of the approximate brown racist quote:

"They are shitting their pants with fear. They are dying and they aren't making babies, they know we are going to outnumber them."

We can't go back to the 1950's in any fashion - the Cleavers, the Olsons, town of Mayberry and Fred McMurry are long gone - not the least with race relations. Sure there are those who stir up racial issues where there were none before their immediate presence, and there are those who have unjustified chips on their shoulders. But, not everyone is alike and we can get past the chips and baggage of most people who have them.

I don't care about the melatonin shade of America, I care that America remains American - race does not indicate nationality or ethnicity. America was something that never was before, the experiment admired for its surprising viability and envy for its general success. We now have misguided people who are changing the character of America into an emasculated version of something else.

The issue is illegal immigration, not race. The opposition has cornered the marketability of race in every realm; legal, educational, and social. You can understand what motivates certain people and identify propaganda they may dispense by studying the larger cultural and historical world they claim to come from, but you can't win by bad mouthing race.

To me, those who come from elsewhere are merely symptoms of the problem, the disease originates in America with American citizens of every race. You can deport every last illegal from whatever continent, culture, or race they come from, but you can't cure the disease without rooting out the cause of the disease which originates in America.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-01-2012 at 08:57 AM.