View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 AM
SOS Associate

Thanks for the support everyone ,

I had a memorable tour this time. I'll be posting pics and video sometime today. I was interviewed by Fox 40 in sac, and it aired this morning. They did some justice too . They showed the sign with SOS website logo, and they ID'd me as from SOS. The opening shot showed me arguing with a crowd of mexican defenders, and although the segment was short, it was right to the point as to why SOS was there. There was other media there, but I'm unsure as to which ones, and they concentrated on the arguments next to the billboard, but did not interview me specifically.

Update: here's at least a temporary link to the fox 40 segment:
http://www.fox40.com/videobeta/bd47e...dependence-Day

I had a rather uplifting trip to the event, with many, many people waving and giving thumbs up. One person even pulled to the side of the freeway to wait for me to pass so they could snap a picture. It wasn't 'till I got off the freeway, and into downtown that I encountered the occasional negative comment or insult. I arrived at the capitol, and tried to park immediately in one of the only spots available, a loading zone, but it was too small. I did have a passenger who came with some equipment to take pictures and video, and I dropped him off at the street while I circled the capitol looking for an opportunity to park. On my third revolution I was able to fit into another loading zone after someone else vacated it. I was immediately confronted by a Sac PD officer, and I assured her I was awaiting someone to pick up the equipment. But, the parking enforcement ended at 6:00 pm, and I stayed beyond the loading time.
I also immediately encountered people associated with the mexican event that demanded I leave. Actually. I was first advised to leave, then I was told to leave. I also got into many heated discussions with people about why I would do this, why I hate mexicans, and how these hard working people are picking my fruit and vegetables....blah, blah, blah....
Some of these people were calm at first, but then most abandoned that when I provided credible counter points. I was accosted by a few people who made stronger efforts at encouraging me to leave. One person asked to see my permits, and when I questioned him as to which permit he was referring to, he turned away yelling " You're outta here" , and went scurrying over to the CHP across the street. It wasn't long before another Sac PD came over and had a discussion with me. I assured him I was not going to be encouraging fights, and that I would be out of there at 8:00. That wasn't the entire discussion, but I think I was treated fairly by the cops overall.

Once again at this event, illegal vendors were given free reign for several blocks. I counted 35 illegal vendors, and that doesn't include the one's who were not in sight of me. This is a complete injustice, and highlights the hypocrisy of the state and local authorities here. They encourage this corrupt underground economy, and then have audacity to come crying to the taxpayers for more money to support their quite obviously corrupt bureaucracy. There will be more from SOS on this particular matter, and it's going to be driven right up there kazoos soon.

During last nights encounters, I was called a racist several times of course, and once for no less than calling Barack Obama a corrupt lying devious poser. I was called a bigot, and a traito to my people (Half-breed hispanic and all), and more lesser derogatory names than I can remember. I was spit upon once, hit by a flying quarter (at least it wasn't a centavo), and the sign had numerous objects including several liquid drinks they were carrying, thrown at it. It is filthy right now, and none of the least from which is from one large group of punk kids spitting on it.

I did meet one guy, and older fellow like myself, who thought the concept of mexicans celebrating their independence at the state capitol was repugnant. He was from Austria. He said he had a PHD in business, and here he was working as a security guard 'cause he couldn't find other work. He spoke also of reading over lists of employees at certain local goverment buildings and noticing that hispanic surnames were 80% of the employ.

As of this morning, the Fox 40 segment has aired at least twice, and maybe more. I'm noticing the forum picked up a few more registrations, and an email or two thanking us for the work. There is life out there my fellow Californians; Don't rest yet

Davi

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 09-16-2011 at 08:10 AM.