Thread: "Journalism"
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 04:59 PM

Default "Journalism"

I've seen this interview before, which I had forgotten about.

Bill O'Reilly, whom I used to detest and now have a grudging respect for, was on tonight on a Christmas rerun of a past segment interviewing Ted Koppel.

The part I liked best was when Koppel said that the media is a business, and said that once upon a time both he himself and O'Reilly thought journalism was a calling. O'Reilly, as I recall, didn't have a response - at that moment Koppel and O'Reilly were sleeping in the same bed and they both knew it.

Such truth for a media full of shameless whores who have sold themselves mostly to the far left and also (to a far less degree) to the far political right.

There is an old 19th century quote (Samuel Clemens - Mark Twain?) to the effect that those who don't read newspapers are ignorant and those who do are less informed than the ignorant population who don't. I don't remember the exact quote, but I do remember it was a perfect riposte and perfectly applicable today concerning so called "journalism".

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 12-26-2013 at 07:54 AM.