View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:23 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
St. Valentine's Day Massacre 1929.

In this famous 1929 mass shooting, the Capone gang tried to wipe out the Moran Gang and shot 7 men in a garage, all lined up against a wall and offering no resistance.

Two professional killers using Thompson .45 caliber submachine guns fired 100 rounds into the seven stationary victims, sweeping their guns back and forth Notwithstanding this hail of automatic weapons fire, one victim survived 14 gunshot wounds and was transported to a hospital where he regained consciousness and was questioned by the police only to expire later in the day.

Bottom line: It is not easy to achieve a 100 % fatality rate in mass shootings, notwithstanding multiple hits from two professional shooters using machine guns.

Separate and apart from achieving a 100% fatality rate at Sandy Hook, all of the eye witnesses appear to have been eliminated as well. How convenient.

How amazing that a reclusive, psychologically disturbed 20 year old was single handedly able to achieve a feat unmatched by two professional killers using superior weapons and assisted by accomplices on a smaller number of victims. It must have been the video games.
I'll admit the statisitcs are odd, and the absence of witnesses is unusual given the number of people in the area. I'd be hesitant to agree that the machine-gunners were professional killers. That's often a term used by prosecutors to obtain the death penalty. A real professional killer is someone who administers the lethal injection, or otherwise carried out death penalty punishment. From there, a professional gets a bit sketchy. Someone who has to use an automatic to kill 7 detained men is more of a hatchet man or men.
But once again, it is odd that there were no survivors that were wounded. actually very odd. Not entirely incomprehensible though. I gotta wonder if there's something the press isn't being told yet, such as the rounds containing poison.