View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 06:16 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
He is also lying when he says that they don't get the in-state tuition rate unless they are "working toward citizenship" or "on their way toward citizenship." That is substantively false, as well. It's a matter of law. A person who enters the U.S. illegally cannot regularize his residency w/o going home and applying to enter lawfully (and waiting) like everyone else. It doesn't matter if marriage to a U.S. citizen occurs, or anything else. It's not legally possible under current immigration regulations/standards. These kids are not "on their way" toward citizenship. They are simply signing a piece of paper that says they will obtain legal residency when they can. AB540 in California has students sign a similar document. It's bullsh--. That can't happen (w/o an amnesty), as a matter of law..
Sorry, but I've seen that they can. I've seen it up close and personal. Hell, there's a recent statement on my youtube page by one of those kids that argued with me at our recent billboard event that echoed that. Her parents entered illegally and got regularized, and are now applying for citizenship.