View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
[B]There are/were some of those sobriety checks in So CA. I don't remember just which City but it could have been Maywood or the Inland Empire. They wanted the hours changed from going home from work time to something like 9 PM. If my memory is correct the change was made.B]
This may be what you're referring to:
DUI arrests reach nearly 600
By STEVEN BARRIE
The Press-Enterprise
Two people died in alcohol- or drug-related collisions and more that 570 people were cited for driving under the influence in Riverside and San Bernardino counties during the Christmas holiday DUI-enforcement period.
Riverside County reported that as of Monday, 246 DUI arrests had been made in the reporting period from Dec. 18 to midnight Sunday.
No drunken-driving traffic deaths had been reported in the county, but some agencies had not sent in their numbers, said Karen Haverkamp, administrative supervisor of the Riverside Police Department's traffic bureau and coordinator of the countywide Avoid the 30 program.
"Avoid the 30" refers to the 30 law enforcement agencies operating in Riverside County and "Avoid the 25" refers to the same in San Bernardino County.
In San Bernardino County, 332 people were arrested for driving impaired and two DUI-related traffic deaths were reported during the same period, said the county's Avoid the 25 program in a news release.
One person died Dec. 19 in a crash in Phelan and another died Dec. 21 in a rollover near Barstow.
Both accidents are being investigated by the California Highway Patrol.
San Bernardino County's numbers are also provisional but for a different reason: they reflect only those people who were booked into a jail facility for DUI.
"I have no way of knowing how many were cite-released on the scene or at the hospital," said San Bernardino sheriff's Sgt. Dave Phelps, who coordinates the Avoid the 25 program.
Statewide DUI arrest and fatality numbers had not been compiled as of Monday.
http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/s...9.43942b9.html