Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Elections, Politics, and Partisanship (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chelene Nightingale For Governor? (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2906)

DerailAmnesty.com 10-06-2010 09:40 PM

Chelene Nightingale For Governor?

Voters should be informed when they cast their ballots.

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw4F_B7A5AQ

DerailAmnesty.com 10-07-2010 09:33 PM

Well, from an "inbox" perspective, it's certainly been an interesting 24 hours.

I've learned (not that this is particularly surprising) that there are some people who feel rather strongly about Chelene's candidacy. The most common criticisms I've endured have been Neocon and puppet.

Those, however, were not the thoughts of the person who authored my personal favorite from today -

SanDiegoMinutemen 1 hour ago Sam Z------, you are a f*cking retard. Thanks for proving it to the whole country.

How much does Jerry Brown pay you to cyber-stalk tea party candidate Chelene Nightingale?

The radical Left loses again

Rim05 10-08-2010 05:02 AM

Sounds like the SDMM need to do something other than yack.
Can't they organize something? :rolleyes:

Eagle1 10-08-2010 07:11 AM

It is possible that the leader of the SDMM may be in need of an enema.:)

Twoller 10-08-2010 08:00 AM

Chelene is a Tea Party candidate? Is that right? My sense was that you pretty much had to be a Republican to get a Tea Party endorsement.

PochoPatriot 10-08-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 12665)
SanDiegoMinutemen 1 hour ago Sam Z------, you are a f*cking retard. Thanks for proving it to the whole country.

How much does Jerry Brown pay you to cyber-stalk tea party candidate Chelene Nightingale?

The radical Left loses again

This person obviously losses IQ points every time he urinates.

DerailAmnesty.com 10-10-2010 04:58 PM

The most recent derision/accusation:

theplanetruth1 22 hours ago This is NOT anybody's truth but the scumbag who has taken all this stuff and twisted and turned it because he has a personal agenda against Ms. Nightingale.He goes under many alias's but his real name name is Mark Seidenberg and he literally stalks her everywhere that she goes.The closer it gets to election time the more garbage you will see him post.This guy is a total whack job and Californians better be able to stay one step ahead of him and not buy into his bullshit..He is a GOP operative

hybotrout 10-22-2010 09:29 AM

I sense that most of you here seem to really dislike Chelene. I have met her a few times in the past. I am definetely voting for her and encourage everyone else to do the same.

You want Brown or Whitman? There is the joke.

I don't care what any of you have to say about Chelene, I have read a lot of old stuff. Seems like it would be a natural to vote for someone ON THE SAME SIDE OF OUR CAUSE.

DerailAmnesty.com 10-22-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hybotrout (Post 12843)
I sense that most of you here seem to really dislike Chelene. I have met her a few times in the past. I am definetely voting for her and encourage everyone else to do the same.

You want Brown or Whitman? There is the joke.

I don't care what any of you have to say about Chelene, I have read a lot of old stuff. Seems like it would be a natural to vote for someone ON THE SAME SIDE OF OUR CAUSE.

You're right. On a lot of issues, Chelene is clearly more desirable to conservatives and border security advocates than Whitman or Brown. All we can do is pass along information to the public. Y'see, a lot of folks here have been down the twisting path with your candidate, before.

If financial incompetence and a repeated habit of failing to distinguish fantasy from reality don't strike you as problems for someone who would lead the largest state in the nation, hey, Chelene's your logical choice.

Don 10-23-2010 02:27 PM

Glenn Spencer's American patrol website is seemingly endorsing Nightengale.

This surprises me because of the unanimously negative comments from people who know her and I can't find much on line to suggest any measure of exceptionalism about this person.

http://www.americanpatrol.com/

Ayatollahgondola 10-23-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don (Post 12863)

This surprises me because of the unanimously negative comments from people who know her and I can't find much on line to suggest any measure of exceptionalism about this person.

Yeah, I don't know what to think about Glenn going out for Chelena. In contrast, he had it in for Simcox over similar reasons that many of us dislike Nightingale for. Unfortunately, his support for her may end up degrading future endorsements that he makes. I always thought pretty highly of Glenn, and especially so his ability to sniff out posers and frauds within this movement. A lot of people seem willing to look past the facts when supporting Chelene. This is why we keep getting shitheads that run things. See? It's not just the liberals and neo cons that are kool aid drinkers. it's a non-partisan disease.

Rim05 10-23-2010 04:41 PM

Glenn has been a disappointment for me in a few things lately. Even Old Joe disappointed me by going to NV to stump for Sharon Angle.
I will say again, I don't pick by party, I pick by people. Since I don't live in NV, I cannot vote any way.

DerailAmnesty.com 10-24-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don (Post 12863)

It shouldn't. She's the only conservative in the race. Further, the things Chelene does that will alienate people (A. speak uneducated nonsense B. start attacking people) will only drive them off if they have been attacked by her or know someone who has, and/or disagree with the uneducated nonsense.

There are a lot of folks who will stick by her because of the immigration stands and the water issue ... and Chelene knows it. She's run about as good a campaign as one can when given practically no financial support. And she's had a lot of help by the wholesale abandonment of conservative issues by the two main candidates.

--------------

Speaking of Nightingale ...

So, I'm jumping on the I-15 in Oak Hill, after having grabbed a bite to eat on the way back from Robin and Ray's shindig in Victorville yesterday, when ...

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqfxXcpQfAo

Not only that, but when I picked up a copy of the San Bernardino Sun to read along with my late lunch, Chelene's smiling face was beaming back at me (front page). The paper included two (not one) articles about her. The following is the more interesting one.

I'm telling you, say what you like about her, but don't accuse her of not having run her heart out for these useless American Independent Party folks. Considering the effort and exposure she's given them, 17K in campaign funds is a travesty. The Libertarian Party is a much better nationally established and recognized name than The Constitution Party, however, I have seen a fraction of the coverage for their gubernatorial candidate in comparison to Chelene. Whatever new enemies she makes, they can't be upset about her for tanking it. Fair is fair. Chelene has charged like a quarter horse.

Nightingale offers third choice

James Rufus Koren, Staff Writer
Posted: 10/22/2010 03:03:40 PM PDT

Chelene Nightingale, the American Independent candidate running for governor, says the voters she's met around the state are "sick of voting for the lesser of two evils" - that is, choosing between imperfect Democratic and Republican candidates.
"People are looking for something different," she said this week.

Compared to Democratic candidate Jerry Brown and Republican Meg Whitman, Nightingale is certainly that.

Brown is a California native and the son of a former governor. Nightingale is the daughter of an Air Force family and bounced around the country as a child.

Whitman is a billionaire and the former CEO of eBay. Nightingale has worked as a model and actress and now co-owns a small heating and air-conditioning business.

But like Whitman, Nightingale is a relative newcomer to the world of politics - she said she first became political active in 2005, after her first child was born.

"Once you have a child, it changes your whole life," she said. "I realized I need to so something for the future of my children."

Since then, she has organized rallies seeking the end of the Federal Reserve, ran a 2006 gubernatorial campaign - for Libertarian candidate Art Olivier - and become a standard-bearer for the Constitution Party, a national party affiliated with the American Independent Party in California.

"None of this has ever been planned out," Nightingale said, adding that she was initially reluctant when Constitution Party leaders asked her to run for governor.
Nightingale grew up in a Republican home and was a Republican herself nearly until she started her gubernatorial campaign. But she said she's long been a fan of third-party politics.

"We had (former President Bill) Clinton in office, then (former President George W.) Bush - and what was the difference?" Nightingale said. "The established parties have been lying to us."

Compared to this year's major candidates, Nightingale certainly has more in common with Whitman than with Brown, but Nightingale and her supporters point out a few key differences.

Chief among them is that Nightingale supports Proposition 23, the ballot measure that would indefinitely postpone Assembly Bill 32, a landmark set of clean-air regulations that Prop. 23 supporters say will stifle business. Whitman says she supports delaying A.B. 32 by a year, not indefinitely.

"I believe A.B. 32 is based on global warming junk science," Nightingale said, adding that she would support eliminating A.B. 32, not just postponing it as called for by Prop. 23.

Read more: http://www.sbsun.com/ci_16409110#ixzz13IiB7A8f

Ole Glory 10-24-2010 10:10 AM

I heard Chelene’s radio commercial this morning on KFI.:eek:

DerailAmnesty.com 10-24-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ole Glory (Post 12872)
I heard Chelene’s radio commercial this morning on KFI.:eek:

Did it include the excerpt of the interview she had with John & Ken wherein she answered she "... wouldn't call myself" a truther or birther?

Eagle1 10-24-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 12870)
It shouldn't. Further, the things Chelene does that will alienate people (A. speak uneducated nonsense B. start attacking people) will only drive them off if they have been attacked by her or know someone who has, and/or disagree with the uneducated nonsense.

You forgot, "C", all the folks that she has borrowed money from and not paid back. I wonder if there are more of these than we know off ?

I liked the video and yes it was boring but still in its own way exciting to watch. Thanks for documenting the item.

Come November 2 Chelene will lose and we all know that.

There are two groups that I know of that were approached by Chelene that refused to endorse her.

A notable one which I will keep anonymous had its leader approached by Chelene and he told her "I like you but you are not going to make it. Therefore I will not endorse you." Instead he voted for Whitman.

Even if Glen Spencer has an article on Chelene prominently displayed
on his website you will notice that it is missing a certain sparkle that speaks of enthusiasm. The article is there in a very drab and dreary way.

Some other articles are on the net which some of you may have seen. There is for example one titled: "Chelene Nightingale Invincible".
Oh yeah? We'll see about that on November 2. It will be either Jerry "Krusty the Klown" Brown or Nutmeg.

Either way, though I believe Meg to be slightly better than Brown, we will be in a world of hurt.

DerailAmnesty.com 10-24-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle1 (Post 12874)
Some other articles are on the net which some of you may have seen. There is for example one titled: "Chelene Nightingale Invincible".

Oh yeah? We'll see about that on November 2. It will be either Jerry "Krusty the Klown" Brown or Nutmeg.

That is the bottom line. Always has been. Chelene never had a chance of winning. In fact, she's never had a chance of even getting close.

In less than a week and a half, this will all be history. Sort of like Billy Beer and New Coke ... except a lot less historically significant.

Personally, with Chelene off the campaign trail, I don't know what we're going to do for even half the entertainment we've derived from her on this board during her candidacy.

In that spirit, and b/c we soon won't have her nauseating self-promotion to belittle on a daily basis ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db3eiK-WvPA

Rim05 10-25-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

In less than a week and a half, this will all be history.
I am not counting days, I am counting hours.

The ads in the last couple of days should not be allowed. Seems that at least a third of air time is some politicial ad, we should all know that most of the ads are part truth and mostly lies.
No matter how we vote, I don't think we will be better off. In some cases we could be a lot worse off.

Let me not forget to say how I dislike those who use race to get votes. As soon as a candidate brings race into the campaign I see desparation.

MudButt 10-25-2010 05:21 PM

I'm considering SZ as a write in......

Eagle1 10-26-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 12890)

In that spirit, and b/c we soon won't have her nauseating self-promotion to belittle on a daily basis ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db3eiK-WvPA

I've never met anyone that loves themselves more than Chelene.
Her adoring sycophants will linger for just awhile and then go on their way too.

Then it will be back to "normality" for Chelene.

A radio commercial on KFI and a TV commercial? Sounds like a lot of money to me.

Yet she stiffed a family out of their honestly earned money and refuses to pay.
Gosh I like that! I'm going to vote for Chelene!!!!

LAPhil 10-26-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudButt (Post 12897)

Yeah, how about it, SZ, you want the job?

DerailAmnesty.com 10-26-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MudButt (Post 12897)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 12903)
Yeah, how about it, SZ, you want the job?

Appreciate the sentiments, however, I'm not the right guy for the job. Sure, I'm solid on immigration, but let's face it - my commitments to dealing with chemtrails, exposing the Illuminati, capturing the Loch Ness Monster, and protecting livestock and small children from El Chupacabra, are simply not up to levels necessary to be the effective leader We The People need.

DerailAmnesty.com 10-28-2010 04:48 PM

The campaign that just won't die. Save Our State prominently mentioned!

http://www.scpr.org/news/2010/10/28/...ngale/?c=44475

Ayatollahgondola 10-28-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Nightingale used to run the anti-illegal immigration group Save Our State. It disbanded shortly after Nightingale took the reins. Some former members accuse her of financial mismanagement – a charge she denies.

“When I became the managing director they had like 900 members. I brought it up to over 5,000. I got it national and international media.”

Nightingale says SOS’s dissolution had more to do with clashing egos and members bent on derailing the group’s core mission. Nightingale says she and SOS founder Joseph Turner may try to resurrect the group in the future
Chelene has lost touch with reality

LAPhil 10-28-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 12922)
Chelene has lost touch with reality

Where is this quote from?

Ayatollahgondola 10-28-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 12923)
Where is this quote from?

The article that DA posted a link to

LAPhil 10-28-2010 08:12 PM

"Nightingale is also, not surprisingly, drawing fire from mainstream Republicans who say she’ll siphon away valuable votes from Meg Whitman, who’s running a fairly tight race with Democrat Jerry Brown."

Yeah, right. Unfortunately Brown will very likely win by more than the 1% of the vote or less that Chelene gets.

"Nightingale may be a global warming skeptic. But she’s receptive to the notion of “chemtrails” – a claim by some conspiracy buffs that condensation trails left by many aircraft are actually toxins deliberately sprayed on unsuspecting communities by some unknown, sinister entity. Nightingale even appears in a “chemtrails” Web documentary.

“And you just see these trails, these lines for miles zigzagging the sky. I saw it with my own eyes. That’s not weather. What company, who are driving the planes? Who are ordering the planes? I’m not an expert, but we should be asking questions.” "

Has she ever offered any explanation for this alleged conspiracy? Who does she think is out to get us and why?

Ayatollahgondola 10-28-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 12925)
"Nightingale is also, not surprisingly, drawing fire from mainstream Republicans who say she’ll siphon away valuable votes from Meg Whitman, who’s running a fairly tight race with Democrat Jerry Brown."

Yeah, right. Unfortunately Brown will very likely win by more than the 1% of the vote or less that Chelene gets.

"Nightingale may be a global warming skeptic. But she’s receptive to the notion of “chemtrails” – a claim by some conspiracy buffs that condensation trails left by many aircraft are actually toxins deliberately sprayed on unsuspecting communities by some unknown, sinister entity. Nightingale even appears in a “chemtrails” Web documentary.

“And you just see these trails, these lines for miles zigzagging the sky. I saw it with my own eyes. That’s not weather. What company, who are driving the planes? Who are ordering the planes? I’m not an expert, but we should be asking questions.” "

Has she ever offered any explanation for this alleged conspiracy? Who does she think is out to get us and why?

The federal government of course. And make no mistake about one thing: I believe that there are people in high places that are both capable and willing to use chemical or other means to solidify or increase their ability to influence the population. I don't believe that airliners are their perferred or even an effective method. they'd more likely research subliminal signals bounced off microwave towers or make it another additive in the food or water. But jetliners? All the maintennance crews would have to be in on it too. Just go watch old world war two documentaries of bombers taking off and you'll see "the trails" from them back then. I don't think that would sway Nightingale because she is looking to create fear so followers will flock to her protective womb. As if she could protect them anyway :rolleyes:

LAPhil 10-28-2010 08:55 PM

The question I would ask her is why would she assume all this when there's no logical reason to suspect anything sinister going on. It just seems completely out of left field.

DerailAmnesty.com 10-29-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 12927)
The question I would ask her is why would she assume all this when there's no logical reason to suspect anything sinister going on. It just seems completely out of left field.

Because she ritually logs on to Alex Jones websites. It's very apparent from the substance of what comes out of her mouth. She has made several public remarks about how traditional media, even Google, is to be viewed with great skepticism, but that members of the public can get the truth if they search for it on the internet.

If you listen to what she says, it becomes obvious into what "books" she keeps her nose poked.

Ayatollahgondola 11-01-2010 08:42 AM

I thought I already captured the worst photo of Chelene, but now here's one that may be a top competitor. Almost looks Halloween-esque

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4101/...f16a39dcf2.jpg
aip3 by Nightingale For Governor, on Flickr

DerailAmnesty.com 11-01-2010 03:37 PM

Chelene's usually pretty photogenic. Besides, she'll get a lot more opportunities in front of the camera after she wins the gubernatorial election tomorrow.

------------

NIGHTINGALE HISTORIAN NEEDED

OK, I heard an interview of Chelene on Public Radio and this portion of an answer she gave stuck out - at least to me.

The reason it caught my attention was I have had two separate conversations in the past couple months, with two separate SoCal activists well known to most of us, in two separate counties at different events.

Both people said the same thing to me. Specifically, they were convinced Chelene would change her position on illegal immigration in a second if she thought it would benefit her in some fashion.

For my part, I can't recall ever hearing Chelene flip-flop or "wander" on the issue. However, Chelene and I were never close friends and never spoke at length. Therefore, I don't know if this portion of a meandering answer she gave to an inquiry on radio, is actually inconsistent with anything she's ever said previously.

If someone knows if this differs from what she's said in the past, please chime in.

I also do support, just so you know, an agricultural work program, I think that's a must and those families should be staying here. Um, but, y'know, this, this issue is complicated because we've allowed the government to open up the doors basically. I, I don't see where, I, I just want to make this clear too, I don't support deportation at all. I think that's very inhumane.

LAPhil 11-01-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 12979)
I also do support, just so you know, an agricultural work program, I think that's a must and those families should be staying here. Um, but, y'know, this, this issue is complicated because we've allowed the government to open up the doors basically. I, I don't see where, I, I just want to make this clear too, I don't support deportation at all. I think that's very inhumane.

Sounds more like Meg Whitman to me. Could she be going after the Latino vote?

Ayatollahgondola 11-03-2010 08:59 AM

Pedictably, Chelene did horribly. She didn't even make the 2% level. a few of the counties she pulled a little better when taken individually, but since this was a statewide race, those don't matter when diluted by the greater mass.

I was reading how the press treated O'Donnel after the defeat, and she pretty much mirrors Chelene in history and temperment. Both had no experience, no real education, and both lied about their credentials. Both lost their homes prior to the race, and both had debts owed to supporters and others before their run. The similarities don't end there, but O'donnel probably cost the republicans that possibly pivotal seat, whereas Chelene didn't even come close to mattering.

Kathy63 11-03-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 12998)
Pedictably, Chelene did horribly. She didn't even make the 2% level. a few of the counties she pulled a little better when taken individually, but since this was a statewide race, those don't matter when diluted by the greater mass.

I was reading how the press treated O'Donnel after the defeat, and she pretty much mirrors Chelene in history and temperment. Both had no experience, no real education, and both lied about their credentials. Both lost their homes prior to the race, and both had debts owed to supporters and others before their run. The similarities don't end there, but O'donnel probably cost the republicans that possibly pivotal seat, whereas Chelene didn't even come close to mattering.

Seems like someone said that in the beginning. Someone did say that Chelene Nightengale was doing this to have another failure on her resume and because it felt good and felt really important to be a gubanatorial candidate.

Oh yes.

It was me.

Christine O'Donnell did better because she did have a history and served in the state assembly before making her senate run. She didn't enter the race because some ego bump needed massaging.

Eagle1 11-03-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 12979)

Okay so Chelena did this NPR interview. Does anyone know if NPR shows are audio archived? I would love to hear her say it.

Can it be that the girl is morphing into a full fledged politician?

Eagle1 11-03-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy63 (Post 13001)
Seems like someone said that in the beginning. Someone did say that Chelene Nightengale was doing this to have another failure on her resume and because it felt good and felt really important to be a gubanatorial candidate.

Oh yes.

It was me.

Christine O'Donnell did better because she did have a history and served in the state assembly before making her senate run. She didn't enter the race because some ego bump needed massaging.

I wonder what Chelena's debts are now that the race that she was sure to lose is over?

DerailAmnesty.com 11-03-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle1 (Post 13002)
Okay so Chelena did this NPR interview. Does anyone know if NPR shows are audio archived? I would love to hear her say it.

Can it be that the girl is morphing into a full fledged politician?

2nd half of the interview: http://www.scpr.org/programs/airtalk...e-nightingale/

I genuinely don't know if her remarks (in the entry above) are at odds with what she's said previously. It's just that, when I heard it, it sounded like she was trying to "massage" the answer or "take the edge off" her position. After listening to her unsuccessfully try to finesse the birther question John & Ken threw at her, at the end of the interview she had on KFI, it occurred to me that it's possible she considers this a more palatable position after having invested so much time in the Central Valley, where lots of supporters must have spoken to her about their agricultural concerns.

Again, guess work on my part. I've never spoken to Chelene at length about anything, let alone her ideas about deportation and guest worker programs.