Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lakers V Celtics (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2234)

MowMyOwn 06-01-2010 05:31 PM

Lakers V Celtics

Showtime!

http://www.stilettosetsports.com/wp-...ry-renewed.jpg

A video to refresh old memories . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGD2K...layer_embedded

MowMyOwn 06-02-2010 12:15 PM

Finals

CELTICS vs LAKERS

SCHEDULE

1 - THU 6/3 BOS at LAL 9:00 PM ET
2 - SUN 6/6 BOS at LAL 8:00 PM ET
3 - TUE 6/8 LAL at BOS 9:00 PM ET
4 - THU 6/10 LAL at BOS 9:00 PM ET
5 - SUN 6/13 * LAL at BOS 8:00 PM ET
6 - TUE 6/15 * BOS at LAL 9:00 PM ET
7 - THU 6/17 * BOS at LAL 9:00 PM ET
* - If Necessary

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2010/seri...nbaplayoffsTab

Rim05 06-02-2010 07:27 PM

I think it will be a hard fought series and I REALLY hope the Lakers win it. I could smash Paul Perice when he goes into his show boating. Ray Allen must have had a grudge against Kobe for years, I would here him put his mouth in something about Kobe while he, Paul was playing with Oregon. I always want to see him lose.
I have been a Kobe fan since he was that happy and energetic 18 year old.

REWHBLCAIN 06-05-2010 06:25 AM

Doc Rivers hides $2600 in the Staples Center ceiling

:p Video at link :p

Doc Rivers hides $2600 in the Staples Center ceiling

By Kelly Dwyer

It seems strange enough to be made up, but the story is completely true. An NBA coach managed to stash $2,600 in cash in a Staples Center ceiling tile for nearly four months without anyone finding out.

Following a win over the Lakers last February, Celtics coach Doc Rivers demanded $100 each from Boston's players, coaching staff, and even team managers. He stuffed the dough in an envelope, and told his team — his entire traveling organization, really — that they can have the money back the next time they play the Lakers inside the Staples Center.

The kicker? This was after the team's only game inside the Staples Center during the regular season. They weren't going to make it back inside that locker room unless the team made it back to the NBA Finals, some 3 1/2 months later. This was the only scenario that would see Rivers being able to take his team's cash back, and at the time of the stashing, it seemed a long shot for the Celtics to even make it back to Staples within the year.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor...WpkPDD3QeMQx3d

The Celtics, at the time, were a clear No. 3 in their own conference at that point, and may have even dropped a notch in most NBA followers' minds between that February contest and the end of the regular season.

Rivers had faith, though. And at some point when the C's returned to Los Angeles, on Tuesday, his team got its money back. Save for Eddie House(notes), who was traded from the team a few days following Rivers' show of faith. Doc's take is after the jump.

The money was apparently stashed underneath a ceiling tile, unbeknownst to Staples Center officials. ("We don't usually check the ceiling tiles after games," one jokingly told me after Game 1, "maybe if the President were coming, we would, but not usually."). Neither, apparently, did any extended member of the Celtics family know about it.

To have 26 people — younger players, coaching staff, even Celtics PR head Jeff Twiss (who gave Rivers the envelope) — keep the news about a secret envelope full of booty quiet for almost four months?

Pretty impressive. Pretty strange motivation technique, but pretty impressive nevertheless.

One has to wonder, though, if it might be worth it to check out the ceiling tiles in the visitors' locker room down in Phoenix, San Antonio and Dallas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,245661

REWHBLCAIN 06-06-2010 06:58 PM

Celtics 103
LA 94;)

MowMyOwn 06-07-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN (Post 9891)
Celtics 103
LA 94;)

It's a series now rew!

I think after Kobe got his 5th foul is when the Lakers deflated on both ends. Ray Allen had a hot hand last night! This is a good series :D

MowMyOwn 06-07-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN (Post 9891)
Celtics 103
LA 94;)

Where were you when the Celtics were b!tch slapped the first game :p

REWHBLCAIN 06-12-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MowMyOwn (Post 9926)
Where were you when the Celtics were b!tch slapped the first game :p

The same place I was last night when the tide turned.;)

REWHBLCAIN 06-14-2010 04:22 PM

Celtics 92, Lakers 86: C's close in on Title 18

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/fe...in-on-Title-18

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/ar...6f219e2f73.jpgCeltics captain Paul Pierce (front) and Kevin Garnett react during the fourth quarter of last night's 92-86 win over the Lakers.

By Scott Souza/Daily News staff
The MetroWest Daily News
Posted Jun 14, 2010 @ 12:28 AM
Last update Jun 14, 2010 @ 12:34 AM
BOSTON —

Paul Pierce scored 27 points in 43 grueling minutes of last night's NBA Finals Game 5, but it was a rebound and an assist that sent the Celtics back to Los Angeles one win away from an 18th championship.

Pierce ripped a defensive board away from Kobe Bryant with 38.9 seconds left and Boston leading by five, then grabbed an errant Kevin Garnett inbounds pass on the ensuing play and found Rajon Rondo cutting to the rim while teetering out of bounds for the decisive basket in a 92-86 victory.

"I was just showing off my Randy Moss and Tom Brady on the same play," said Pierce. "I was going up to catch it, then went into Brady mode when I was falling out of bounds to find Rondo on the receiving end."

Boston takes a 3-2 lead to Los Angeles where the Celtics must win one of the final two games for their second title in three years. Their first chance to end it is tomorrow night.

"Let's be honest," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "We had to win this game. That's the way we felt going in. For them, they still have two home games ... let's hope not two home games."

Hearing for more than a week that people were waiting for the series MVP Pierce of the 2008 NBA Finals to show up, the captain responded last night with a get-on-my-back effort. He matched Bryant's killer instinct offensively and outmuscled him for the ball when the game was on the line.

"Paul was terrific," Rivers said. "He attacked all night. He did it through the offense. He did it through (isolations), did it in pick-and-rolls. He made big shots for us all night and we needed it."

Garnett had 18 points and 10 rebounds, and Rondo had 18 points and eight assists as the Celtics overcame 38 points from Bryant.

"Kobe is one guy that you probably can't stop in this league," Pierce said. "But we feel like with these other guys we can slow them down or almost shut them down. That gives us a great chance of winning."

The Lakers cut a 13-point Boston lead to six in the opening seconds of the fourth quarter, but the Celtics withstood that surge with Rasheed Wallace drilling a 3-pointer and Nate Robinson following a Bryant jumper with a drive to quell the Laker rally.

After matching baskets the next three minutes, the Celtics reasserted themselves defensively. Ray Allen made a steal and found Rondo ahead of the pack to make it a 10-point game, Rondo had a steal on the next Lakers' possession and then soared to the offensive glass for a put-back and 87-75 lead with 3:49 on the clock.

With the Celtics looking like they were counting the seconds to the final buzzer, the Lakers crept closer with four free throws over 1:22 to get within 87-79. Kendrick Perkins missed a pair of free throws, then Allen fouled Bryant on a 3-point attempt and he drained all three to pull his team within 87-82 at 1:30.

The Celtics had two chances to extend the next possession before Garnett lost a jump ball to Derek Fisher. Ron Artest got behind the pack and was fouled on a drive, but missed both free throws and Pierce ripped the offensive rebound away from Bryant with the Celtics still up five at 38.9 seconds.

"I just saw the ball in front of me and just wanted to go as hard as I could," Pierce said. "I wanted to aggressively grab it and I was able to do that before they fouled me or I went out of bounds."

The Celtics tried to put the game out of reach coming out of the half with a Rondo basket and Pierce 3-pointer stretching a six-point lead to 11. Over the next 10 minutes, it was a matter of whether Bryant could single-handedly match shots with the entire Boston starting five.

Bryant hit his first seven shots of the quarter, and scored the first 19 points, but even his brilliance could do little more than keep the Lakers in the game against the scorching Celtics.

"I just kept trying to tell them it's only two points when he scores," Rivers said. "As long as we kept scoring the way we were, we were going to be good. I love that our guys, for the most part, held it in. They understood what he was doing, but we defended everyone else."

The Celtics led as many as 13 in the quarter before the Lakers chipped within eight after three. Boston went up eight in the first half and was ahead 45-39 at the break while shooting 65.6 percent to the Lakers' 33.3 percent.

(Scott Souza is a Daily News staff writer. He can be reached at 781-398-8006 or ssouza@cnc.com.)

MowMyOwn 06-15-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN (Post 10010)
The same place I was last night when the tide turned.;)

Saw some serious ref errors in that game.

MowMyOwn 06-15-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN (Post 10105)

Back home next 2 games.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet :cool:

[update] 9:59 PDT

Oh this is rich - a game 7 :D

REWHBLCAIN 06-17-2010 04:54 AM

One great thing the Celts have going for them is Obammy picked the Lakers to win and we know how his support turns out.

Should be a dandy.

Rim05 06-17-2010 05:37 AM

I smell Victory!

PochoPatriot 06-17-2010 08:19 AM

I am hoping for a Celtic win, for the first time in my life! Mainly, because LA cannot afford Lakers fans' "celebrations" any more. Sadly, the Lakers have become the new Latino gang outfit, mainly because the Raiders suck so bad. This is why I have tempered my support for the Lakers to the point of rooting for the Celtics.

MowMyOwn 06-17-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PochoPatriot (Post 10185)
I am hoping for a Celtic win, for the first time in my life! Mainly, because LA cannot afford Lakers fans' "celebrations" any more. Sadly, the Lakers have become the new Latino gang outfit, mainly because the Raiders suck so bad. This is why I have tempered my support for the Lakers to the point of rooting for the Celtics.

So you retreat in fear?
Those aren't "Laker fans", they're opportunist punks and gangbaners, not the large makeup of real fans. Whatever the outcome is tonight, the "opportunist" will be there, same thing would happen at a Dodger game.

Rim05 06-17-2010 12:47 PM

There are times when this forum is very entertaining. Tue after the game some person was out side reporting and he had to stop because it was so loud and yes, crazy. As much as I want to see the Lakers win, I would also like to see the crazies taste a loss. They would probably try and destroy any way

MowMyOwn 06-17-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN (Post 10180)
One great thing the Celts have going for them is Obammy picked the Lakers to win and we know how his support turns out.

Should be a dandy.

Yes, the Obama curse hasn't faired well :o

Hope the game tonight is close and exciting!

Cheers REW!

PochoPatriot 06-17-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MowMyOwn (Post 10188)
So you retreat in fear?

No, I am not retreating. I am refusing to be identified with a group of people that act like spoiled and undisciplined children.

Besides I can nail most alleged Laker fans when I ask them any sort of Lakers trivia. I have been a Lakers fan since before "Showtime". Besides history is on the Celtics side tonight as they have never lost a Game 7 to the Lakers. Based on that and the way this series has played out, the Celtics win tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MowMyOwn (Post 10188)
Those aren't "Laker fans", they're opportunist punks and gangbaners, not the large makeup of real fans. Whatever the outcome is tonight, the "opportunist" will be there, same thing would happen at a Dodger game.

The same thing happens anytime a team wins a championship. Could you imagine what would happen if, God forbid, Mexi-hole wins the World Cup? If that happens, the wife and I are going deep underground with enough food and weapons for two or three days.

One last thing, my wife is working at the L.A. Convention Center tonight and will be getting off around the time this game ends. Please pray that she gets home safe.

MowMyOwn 06-17-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PochoPatriot (Post 10194)
No, I am not retreating. I am refusing to be identified with a group of people that act like spoiled and undisciplined children.

That's what I said, why let the punks ruin what the composed majority is entertained by.
I've been a Laker fan since the days of Gale Goodrich, Jerry West, Wilt, etc. (before Jack Nicholson even), the little punks and gangsters aren't going to detour my loyalty because of their actions.
Quote:

One last thing, my wife is working at the L.A. Convention Center tonight and will be getting off around the time this game ends. Please pray that she gets home safe.
Will do, I hope she returns home safely.

Rim05 06-17-2010 08:19 PM

lakers all the way.:)

Jeanfromfillmore 06-18-2010 10:35 AM

Here's the result of the game you were so excited about.
LA RIOTS 2010 NBA FINALS GAME 7 LAKER CHAMPIONS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LDTh...&feature=email

Dawes 06-18-2010 11:44 AM

More rivalry video- Look which flag is being raised.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/mexican-...ot-in-l-a.html

Jeanfromfillmore 06-18-2010 12:33 PM

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was a great performance by the Los Angeles Lakers at Game 7 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night, but a not-so-great performance by fans. The LAPD said nearly 40 people were arrested, and their bad behavior took some attention away from the Lakers victory. According to the LAPD, 36 adults and two juveniles were arrested. One arrest was for vandalism, and two arrests were for arson. All other arrests were unspecified.
Police declared an unlawful assembly and started clearing the streets shortly after the game, but in spite of the massive police presence, there were several ugly incidents.
Rocks and bottles were thrown at the hundreds of police officers stationed in the area, and one of those officers suffered a broken nose when he was struck by a flying object.
A man used a sign to smash the window of businesses. Several businesses sustained broken windows and other damage.
There were several fires set by unruly fans. In one instance, a car was set on fire in the middle of the street. Fire crews dealt with more than 35 fires and other incidents within a half-mile radius of Staples Center.
The incidents included 15 rubbish fires, 1 vegetation fire, three vehicle fires and 18 medical aid requests for injured individuals. Eight people were taken by LAFD ambulances to local hospitals.
Several people were arrested for public drunkenness.
Officials said the hottest trouble spots were Grand Avenue and Olympic Boulevard. They also said Flower Street and Sixth Street were breeding grounds for chaotic activity.
LAPD Chief Charlie Beck spoke about post-game troubles at a news conference at 11 p.m.
"I give the game a 10; I give the celebration about a 5," Beck said. "We made multiple arrests, we used overwhelming force, we had a maximum number of police officers deployed here to clear out the crowds around Staples Center and disperse them."
Beck said that the number of police officers near Staples Center was four or five times the number from last year and included undercover police officers.
Beck said at least one police vehicle was damaged, but not severely, by thrown objects.
The arena wasn't the only place police targeted. The L.A. County Sheriff's Department deployed hundreds of deputies to East Los Angeles near Whittier Boulevard, which was closed to vehicle traffic between Easter and Garfield avenues for the duration of Game 7 and for hours thereafter.
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...all&id=7504897

MowMyOwn 06-18-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 10226)
Here's the result of the game you were so excited about.

So jean, how bout those Lakers?

Congratulations Lakers!

Jeanfromfillmore 06-18-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MowMyOwn (Post 10244)
So jean, how bout those Lakers?

Congratulations Lakers!

Anything that represents Los Angeles makes me want to puke. As you know, I was born there but I'm not very proud of that either. Los Angeles is a toilet and I don't find any thing related to it something to be proud of especially a bunch of guys throwing a ball around that weren't born or raised in LA. They're a bunch of over paid guys with huge egos with a large bunch of groupies.

I'll stick to cheering for Arizona.

MowMyOwn 06-18-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PochoPatriot (Post 10194)
Besides history is on the Celtics side tonight as they have never lost a Game 7 to the Lakers. Based on that and the way this series has played out, the Celtics win tonight.

...the universe has corrected itself. . .

:D

MowMyOwn 06-18-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 10246)
Anything that represents Los Angeles makes me want to puke. As you know, I was born there but I'm not very proud of that either. Los Angeles is a toilet and I don't find any thing related to it something to be proud of.

You hate sports, why come here and trash the sport and magnify the thugery? Make a "puke" thread in "general discussion".

REWHBLCAIN 06-18-2010 02:09 PM

Congrads Lakers fans! :( lol

MowMyOwn 06-18-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 10246)
Anything that represents Los Angeles makes me want to puke. As you know, I was born there but I'm not very proud of that either. Los Angeles is a toilet and I don't find any thing related to it something to be proud of especially a bunch of guys throwing a ball around that weren't born or raised in LA. They're a bunch of over paid guys with huge egos with a large bunch of groupies.

you edited your original post that I quoted. . .

Your birthplace is news to me, and I don't follow, but here's a suggestion, since you don't like sports, stay out of the thread.

The majority of this site is bad news, ugly news, disturbing news, racial news etc. SOMEtimes, I like to have some kind of off topic celebration, apparently that's just not possible here.

REWHBLCAIN 06-18-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawes (Post 10235)
More rivalry video- Look which flag is being raised.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/mexican-...ot-in-l-a.html

Holy crap, after watching that I have different feelings about the LA win. Bummer man.

MowMyOwn 06-18-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN (Post 10249)
Congrads Lakers fans! :( lol

REW, it was a hard fought game, I have to say - I love Rondo, great player and a class act guy.

That had to have been the lowest scoring playoff game I can remember. Neither team looked fluent till late in the forth, but the Lakers are catching up with the Celt's on those titles!

REWHBLCAIN 06-18-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MowMyOwn (Post 10252)
REW, it was a hard fought game, I have to say - I love Rondo, great player and a class act guy.

That had to have been the lowest scoring playoff game I can remember. Neither team looked fluent till late in the forth, but the Lakers are catching up with the Celt's on those titles!

Sure was low. I wish there were more games, maybe 5 out of 9 next time.;)

REWHBLCAIN 06-18-2010 03:43 PM

It's all ok now folks

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-06/54401107.jpg
A sense of calm began to return to downtown Los Angeles early Friday after rowdy crowds clashed with police, set fire to vehicles and smashed windows following the Lakers NBA championship victory over the Celtics.

A sense of calm began to return to downtown Los Angeles early Friday after rowdy crowds clashed with police, set fire to vehicles and smashed windows following the Lakers NBA championship victory over the Celtics.

Police fired non-lethal rounds to disperse the crowd at Figueroa Street and Venice Boulevard after several small fires were set, as well as at 11th and Hope streets. At 7th and Flower streets, a taxicab was engulfed in flames.

At least one person was beaten as fights broke out on Flower Street near Olympic Boulevard. A bicyclist was injured when struck by a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department vehicle near 11th and Flower streets, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

In all, there were multiple injuries but no loss of life, officials said. One police officer suffered a broken nose.

As night wore on, fire crews responded to many rubbish fires and some vehicle fires, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. At least 12 people were arrested on suspicion of crimes that included public drunkenness, vandalism and inciting a riot. One person was arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer, authorities said.

At La Bella Cucina, customers began throwing bottles, knocking over tables and stealing bottles of liquor, said restaurant manager Christian LaBella.

"I think it's pretty sad, especially when customers turn on you so quickly," LaBella said late Thursday. "They lost respect for themselves, they lost respect for the Lakers, and they lost respect for the restaurant. It's a shame for L.A."

"A lot of stupid, stupid people out here tonight," added Edward Lizama, 42, who lives in an apartment near 9th and Olive streets. "This isn't people having fun. It's ridiculous."
The violence broke out shortly after the game ended. The LAPD declared an unlawful assembly as people gathered along Figueroa Street near Olympic Boulevard. Hundreds of officers in patrol cars, on foot and on horseback moved in to clear streets and break up the crowds.

At 8th and Figueroa, fans and a phalanx of more than two dozen police, wearing riot gear and wielding batons, faced off. The standoff began when a bunch of fans tore down a traffic sign and then ripped out two newspaper stands and lighted the papers on fire. When the police marched up Figueroa, about two dozen abreast, the crowd slowly receded. Some people were throwing energy drinks, which had been passed out for free after the win.

The YMCA at 11th and Olive was vandalized as taggers marked graffiti up and down the side of a wall. Another person upended a traffic sign and bashed in several windows.

Shortly after 11 p.m., the burned-out shell of the taxi cab stood in the middle of Flower and 7th. Shards of broken glass lay scattered on ground as a man jumped on top of the vehicle while a friend snapped a photo.

An LAPD cruiser pulled up and shined a light on the men. "Let's go. Night's over," an officer said through a loudspeaker.

-- Sam Allen, Tony Barboza, Hector Becerra, Andrew Blankstein, Paloma Esquivel, Robert Faturechi, Kate Linthicum, Robert J. Lopez, Joel Rubin and Ruben Vives

Photo:
(Gary Friedman / LosAngeles Times / June 17, 2010)
Fans on Figueroa Street celebrate the Lakers' victory over the Celtics.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...%28L.A.+Now%29

Jeanfromfillmore 06-18-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MowMyOwn (Post 10250)
you edited your original post that I quoted. . .

Your birthplace is news to me, and I don't follow, but here's a suggestion, since you don't like sports, stay out of the thread.

The majority of this site is bad news, ugly news, disturbing news, racial news etc. SOMEtimes, I like to have some kind of off topic celebration, apparently that's just not possible here.

I didn't edit anything, and since our focus is on illegal immigration I question way so much attention is being put on a sports game while such other much more important issues are being totally ignored. What, they're not entertaining?

MowMyOwn 06-18-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 10261)
I didn't edit anything,

Post 25:
Quote:

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; Today at 02:45 PM.
Quote:

and since our focus is on illegal immigration I question way so much attention is being put on a sports game while such other much more important issues are being totally ignored. What, they're not entertaining?
This is the Sports topic, look at the title!

I don't live and breath illegal immigration jean, I have hobbies, interests and family.
I know you don't care about sports (which is why i don't understand your interest in commenting on the topic) but basketball is one of my interests and this game was in particular a history making game and it only happens once a year for 2 weeks for cripes sakes.

Why have the topic "Sports" on this site if it's such a thorn to you? Should Davi's trip to Alaska thread be cast off too? How bout The Great Outdoors topic?

Do you not have any other interests other than illegal immigration?

Jeanfromfillmore 06-18-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MowMyOwn (Post 10265)
Post 25:

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; Today at 02:45 PM.[/quote]

I don't live and breath illegal immigration jean, I have hobbies, interests and family.
I know you don't care about sports (which is why i don't understand your interest in commenting on the topic) but basketball is one of my interests and this game was in particular a history making game and it only happens once a year for 2 weeks for cripes sakes.

Why have the topic "Sports" on this site if it's such a thorn to you?[/QUOTE]I understand that the games are of interest to you and to many others. It is good to have a release valve. But when you compare the interest to this and most of the sports threads to other things that are of far more importance you will notice that sports are of much greater interest, look at the numbers.

I just can't get behind a city, even though I was born there and grew up there, that has gone so far out of its way to encourage this invasion, and condemn a state that is helping fight our fight. I will not support Los Angeles in any way. I do not identify with that toilet or anything that comes from there.

Three years ago, if we had had what is going on now with Arizona, our members would be dancing in the streets and singing. Today is seems like just a side line.

Enjoy your enthusiasm and don't let me rain on your parade. I'll just stay focused on what is important to me.

MowMyOwn 06-18-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 10266)
I understand that the games are of interest to you and to many others. It is good to have a release valve. But when you compare the interest to this and most of the sports threads to other things that are of far more importance you will notice that sports are of much greater interest, look at the numbers.

I just can't get behind a city, even though I was born there and grew up there, that has gone so far out of its way to encourage this invasion, and condemn a state that is helping fight our fight. I will not support Los Angeles in any way. I do not identify with that toilet or anything that comes from there.

Three years ago, if we had had what is going on now with Arizona, our members would be dancing in the streets and singing. Today is seems like just a side line.

Enjoy your enthusiasm and don't let me rain on your parade. I'll just stay focused on what is important to me.

Stop the spin and guilt mongering, it's a sport that millions enjoy, and nothing to do with "the city", it's ills or it's politics.

Rim05 06-18-2010 08:46 PM

The Lakers are the only sport I watch, I do enjoy most of the games. The fans are the problem. A win or a loss is just an excuse for them to resort to criminal behavior.

The games are over and all I can say is , no more TV.
Its going to be a long and silent summer. :(

REWHBLCAIN 06-19-2010 05:53 AM

What If Tea Partiers Waving Gadsden Flags Had Trashed L.A.?

http://www.infowars.com/what-if-tea-...d-trashed-l-a/

Kathy63 06-21-2010 01:45 PM

I was very disappointed that the lakers won. Since I learned that there was some kind of personal enmity against the Celtics, I really wished the lakers would have been creamed by the team they didn't like.

I saw the parade today, where were all these famous Los Angeles gang bangers and gunmen? That was an open bus that team was in. LA is full of wimps.