Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Immigration (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sarah Palin Proposes Amnesty: Illegals Register in 60 days or be deported (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2520)

Don 07-10-2010 04:14 PM

Sarah Palin Proposes Amnesty: Illegals Register in 60 days or be deported

A thinly disguised amnesty proposal from that total fraud, Sarah Palin. I have really grown to hate this 5th columnist. She is a complete fraud who will attract support and sell us out. Another McCain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlnad...layer_embedded

usa today 07-10-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don (Post 10727)
A thinly disguised amnesty proposal from that total fraud, Sarah Palin. I have really grown to hate this 5th columnist. She is a complete fraud who will attract support and sell us out. Another McCain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlnad...layer_embedded

Yes
O'Reilly called her on the carpet and she admitted she is a full supporter of amnesty

Time to kick this b,,,tch down the road :(

Ayatollahgondola 07-10-2010 05:15 PM

The power brokers just keep findin' new and prettier ones.

wetibbe 07-11-2010 04:27 AM

Well, well, well !

I must have watched a different version of the O'Reilly/Palen video. What I heard her say was:

• NO amnesty.
• They don't get rewarded for bad behavior.
• Deport them.
• They must register with the Government.
• Secure the border with whatever it takes.
John McCain has said they must pay a fine, back taxes, go back home, touch back, get in line and reapply then wait their turn. I haven't hear Sarah say they can stay and all is forgiven.
There may possibly be differing interpretations of "amnesty". The above program proposed by McCain isn't amnesty.
Sarah is a true conservative. Among all of her comments the overwhelming preponderance are positive and conservative. They outweigh, by a wide margin, any questionable or ambiguous comments she may have been believed to have made. Although I agree with most of Sarah's attitudes I will say that I am not exactly a flaming, enamored fan. However, comparing her to the likes of Nancy Pelosi, if I had to choose who I wanted to be marooned on a remote island with I would pick Sarah! Frankly I believe that she is too conservative to get elected President. But she is certainly a positive voice.
There is much more to say but I will keep it brief. We already have a guest worker program. The employer is supposed to advertise first and hire Americans. If there are no takers then the guests can be brought in under conditions.
There isn't any need for a comprehensive immigration reform. Everyone involved is fundamentally so dirty, amoral, corrupt and dishonest that the present system doesn't work. Any new legislation will be just rearranging chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Twoller 07-11-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetibbe (Post 10735)
I must have watched a different version of the O'Reilly/Palen video. What I heard her say was:

• NO amnesty.
• They don't get rewarded for bad behavior.
• Deport them.
• They must register with the Government.
• Secure the border with whatever it takes.

John McCain has said they must pay a fine, back taxes, go back home, touch back, get in line and reapply then wait their turn. I haven't hear Sarah say they can stay and all is forgiven.

There may possibly be differing interpretations of "amnesty". The above program proposed by McCain isn't amnesty.

Sarah is a true conservative. Among all of her comments the overwhelming preponderance are positive and conservative. They outweigh, by a wide margin, any questionable or ambiguous comments she may have been believed to have made. Although I agree with most of Sarah's attitudes I will say that I am not exactly a flaming, enamored fan. However, comparing her to the likes of Nancy Pelosi, if I had to choose who I wanted to be marooned on a remote island with I would pick Sarah! Frankly I believe that she is too conservative to get elected President. But she is certainly a positive voice.
There is much more to say but I will keep it brief. We already have a guest worker program. The employer is supposed to advertise first and hire Americans. If there are no takers then the guests can be brought in under conditions.

There isn't any need for a comprehensive immigration reform. Everyone involved is fundamentally so dirty, amoral, corrupt and dishonest that the present system doesn't work. Any new legislation will be just rearranging chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Yes, there are differing ways in which we can "offer" amnesty. If the pro-illegals have seized the language so that "amnesty" always means a pathway to citizenship (which McCain has suppported), then we can turn this around so that amnesty means a pathway to throwing them out.

Remember, these people are in the country illegally and are available to prosecution. Amnesty should mean, simply, a way of avoiding prosecution. But if nobody is prosecuting them, this is an empty offering. So we need to step up prosecution for the simple crime of being here illegally along with the promise of avoiding prosecution if they turn themselves in to be deported voluntarily. And this would assume that they have commited no other crimes, although we might offer other terms to those who have commited other crimes if they turn themselves in.

There was some similar discussion elsewhere at this forum:

http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2027

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twoller (Post 9015)
... Illegal immigrants in this country absolutely must not be allowed to just go if they feel like it. Illegals leaving the country whenever they feel like it is exactly the same problem as them coming whenever they feel like it.

And you know, this might be a leverage point in any discussions of amnesty, that we will not prosecute illegals for being here as long as they are leaving. Legally, they have no way to leave since they have no way to cross the border legally. They are stuck.

Any discussion of securing borders must include traffic leaving the US as well as entering and so really amnesty for those illegals who wish to leave the country -- never to return -- should be granted. The rest need to be hunted down and thrown out. Maybe another kind of amnesty might be granted to those who volunteer not to contest their deportation when they are caught. They would be deported -- never to return -- without prosecution for being in the country illegally.

So, if the illegals want amnesty, here is a way they can get it. They can volunteer to leave, turn themselves in to the ICE, who would give them the paperwork to cross out of the US border. Or, when they are caught being in the country illegally, they can volunteer to not contest the deportation (Nolo contendre?) and be shipped out.

The second part might be uneccessary, once they are caught as an illegal, maybe there isn't that much more to it, but it might be the opportunity to enfranchise the amnesty movement and further confound amnesty advocates. Amnesty should only be a tool for removing illegals, not allowing them to stay.

Moderate Mammal 07-20-2010 06:32 PM

Yet the Neocon true believers will forever whoreship this female version of Bush.

toadmaster_7 07-20-2010 09:39 PM

I support you in your claim of Ms. Palin beind fraudulent. ICE detainees dont need new political laws. They need proper attention from people who can present a voice for them. Palin and others, who are using media attention to gain more publicity as the topic of immigration is dominating the nation's headlines, need to understand that the immigration laws have been working effectively since they were created. Now the fault goes out to those who come back illegally. They had minor punishments for reentering this country. Now, ICE will uphold they laws and punishment as they were written. Just like criminal punishments in CA, before being sentense to state prison for a felony, the statute states to get sent for 16 mos, 2 yrs, or 3yrs, The low, mid and full terms of a felony crime. ICE, which is supposed to sentence an illegal alien to be detained, can actually impose those sentense now. Back then they were less harsh. Ms. Palin and her supporters need to understand, that he laws dont need review, its the actual carrying out of a sentense that needs administration.

Rim05 07-21-2010 06:49 AM

Sara Palin loves the camera more than Lindsay Lohan. The sad part is, she is as dumb as a nail. Bet her parents told her every day how pretty and smart she was. :eek:

Ayatollahgondola 07-21-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 10918)
Sara Palin loves the camera more than Lindsay Lohan. The sad part is, she is as dumb as a nail. Bet her parents told her every day how pretty and smart she was. :eek:

I heard that a lot when I was growing up too.....you mean it's not true?:eek:

DerailAmnesty.com 07-21-2010 08:37 AM

Is anyone really shocked by this? She was McCain's running mate, folks.

I've never understood how some border security folks just go ga ga over this, admittedly, attractive woman. Put a gun in a candidate's hands and some folks lose all perspective.

As to the debate as to what is amnesty and what isn't, here is the litmus test:

If Pablo and Juanita are living down the street while unlawfully in the U.S., and then whatever is supposed to be the remedy ("comprehensive reform, earned citizenship," etc. etc.) is implemented ... when it's over, if Pablo and Juanita are still living down the street, it's amnesty.