Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Forum and Email Performance - Issues and Help (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Forum Additions and Changes Coming Soon (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=3437)

admin 02-12-2011 10:20 AM

Forum Additions and Changes Coming Soon

There will be some additions to the forum within the next week or so. We are adding a video marquis where we will show highlighted videos on the main forum home page. These videos will mostly be those taken by SOS associates, or taken at SOS events. These videos will change from week to week also.

In addition, a photo marquis will also be added, again with highlighted pictures which will change periodically.

Videos and pictures that our associates would like on the marquis must have embeddable codes or they will not be able to be placed. We already have many video links on the forum that just show as hyperlinks because the makers of the videos won't allow them to be embedded. As a result, we don't believe they are as attractive enough to the audience that the video account holders would like to have click on them. There is a disadvantage to being this restrictive with your material.

admin 02-14-2012 08:41 AM

Bumping this one up,

We had trouble making this work, but now with the effort to add the old forum to our new one, it is going to happen soon. We've been adding the videos to our SOS youtube page so they can be displayed here for people to easily reference and see. Many of them were previously on SOS associates personal youtube accounts. They will still be there, but those that highlight the efforts of SOS will be added to SOS youtube also, so that new visitors can see what we do in action without wading through all the personal stuff on others accounts. Likewise, the SOS photobucket account will get added pics. If you have a video that shows exemplary actions taken during an SOS event, submit them via PM or by posting them in the thread called "associates in action"

The old SOS forum posts are still coming, but had experienced another problem after getting the thing live. Not live for you, but live in the same format, but only viewable if you knew the link. A few bugs still exist, and hopefully fixed soon

Jeanfromfillmore 02-14-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 19641)
Bumping this one up,

We had trouble making this work, but now with the effort to add the old forum to our new one, it is going to happen soon. We've been adding the videos to our SOS youtube page so they can be displayed here for people to easily reference and see. Many of them were previously on SOS associates personal youtube accounts. They will still be there, but those that highlight the efforts of SOS will be added to SOS youtube also, so that new visitors can see what we do in action without wading through all the personal stuff on others accounts. Likewise, the SOS photobucket account will get added pics. If you have a video that shows exemplary actions taken during an SOS event, submit them via PM or by posting them in the thread called "associates in action"

The old SOS forum posts are still coming, but had experienced another problem after getting the thing live. Not live for you, but live in the same format, but only viewable if you knew the link. A few bugs still exist, and hopefully fixed soon

Good things happen to those that wait. This is such good news.

And other good news is an angel came to my rescue and fixed my computer problems in such a big way, that a thank you is not even close to what would equal it. You know who you are!!!! Thanks, one thousand times!!!!!

I have a City Council meeting to cover tonight, so tomorrow I'll be back "haunting" the board. Just a pre-warning for my stalkers.

Rim05 02-15-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

an angel came to my rescue and fixed my computer problems in such a big way, that a thank you is not even close to what would equal it.

I wish I had an angel, but, maybe it is just me. As soon as I think I understand something about the computer, there will be a change.