Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Immigration (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Our next President. (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=9164)

wetibbe 02-06-2015 01:15 AM

Our next President.

Who will it be?

I'm a very old timer and I do not have clue at all. If you do, lets hear it.

What I do know is that I have had it up to the eye brows with the BUSH CLAN.

Jeb Bush - ugh - not in my lifetime, a suck up to illegals, married to Colombia, a Maskin, as bad as a liberal Democrat. No way compadre. X him out.

As to other candidates, Mitt Romney dropped out.

I'm not enamored with Rand Paul or any other Repub that is current in Congress..

Buckle your seat belt.

A New Yorker ! Donald Trump. Shocked ???

You should hear him on the NY TV. He is hard core, no nonsense, spot on, incisive, absolutely calls a spade a spade and his positions are totally in conformity with what I can support.

Unfortunately I have serious reservations about him too due to his philandering and womanizing, but I'm a prude. Our past presidents *( some ) were too such philanderers with extreme reputations as alpha males - i.e. JF Kennedy and Bill Clinton.

I'm retired now but during my working life I was a contractor in New York. Had involvements with Donald Trumps projects as a bidder/contractor. I attended bid conferences for some of his projects. His methods were so eccentric and un orthodox that I was completely put off and skeptical about bidding. Essential, the crux of the matter was that if we were the low bidder, none the less, our prices and commitments were essentially further subject to negotiation. He was the only client, at the time, that engaged in such duplicitous deviance in the Metro New York, and surrounding, areas.

Honestly I do not know at this sitting if I could hold my nose and stomach voting for Trump.

Jeanfromfillmore 02-07-2015 11:44 AM

It won't matter who I want, others decide for me.

ilbegone 02-08-2015 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 25381)
It won't matter who I want, others decide for me.

And that's exactly how "they" win, by convincing you that it's futile.

Without endorsing or promoting any candidate:

No more Bush, Clinton, or Obama reruns. Trump is a circus barker showman with money in the bank. Rand Paul might be great for small government but is too isolationist. Romney would have been good last time around, but was outmaneuvered and blew his chance to relate to "the other half". Cruz may passionately well represent his constituency, but is too mercurial and dogmatic for the presidency and therefore unelectable. Dr Ben Carson is an extremely wise man and would be super great in a cabinet or other advisory position, but lacks political experience. Rubio is a freshman Senator with previous political experience, but has not served a governorship. I think that pretty much leaves Walker in the running if we don't consider campaign funding - ultimately money buys votes and negates opposing voices by enabling shouting everyone else down with media messaging. There's going to be lots of dirt and vitriol kicked up along with a Bandini mountain of internet and other slander and libel too.

We don't need any more freshman senators in the white house, no one whose primary life experience revolved around academia or community organizing* prior to elected office, nor do we need any unknowns who appear out of nowhere. You wouldn't take your car to to the doctor to be repaired, nor would you consult a plumber to diagnose and cure a stomach ailment. We need an experienced, competent politician with a proven track record in the White House.

President Reagan was a former actor who worked to become a successful politician and was elected governor of California, Schwarzenegger was an actor without political experience who was chosen to be governor of California precisely because he was an "uncorrupted" fresh faced outsider - he failed miserably.

This may be like searching for the perfect mate - there is no such thing, but...

A president should have a successful governorship behind him which, against odds, had solved problems and overcome adversity. A former NCO with direct combat experience. Someone who has done menial labor, learned a trade or profession, and built a business. Does not come from inherited wealth. Can communicate with and understand the existences and concerns of both princes and paupers. Is not hide bound with rigid ideology. Someone who understands our history, warts and all, and the unique place we have had among all other nations. Someone who places the well being and security of our nation and its population far ahead of political ideology or political expediency.

* A community organizer is a salesman of political theory and is a facilitator of political activism. He is not the craftsman who actually does the work of governing. Academics tend to live in "teacher land", virtually bursting with social and political theory yet somewhat removed from reality.

Jeanfromfillmore 02-09-2015 01:52 PM

I didn't read any choices in that. You got one?

If who someone wants doesn't make it onto the ballot, and those with the money choose who will be on the ballot, then do I really have a choice? It all comes down to who can gather the big $$$$. I would like to be an idealist and think different, but it would take a lot of others with the willingness to use their vote for the lone horse that the money providers didn't choose.

Can you tell I'm jaded?

wetibbe 02-10-2015 04:24 AM

Jaded ?

Who knows. Perhaps fatigued!

Our nation, our culture, our lifestyle is changing/evolving rapidly.

Hordes/swarms of more and more population. When I look back at my youth, and family I knew, my mother was born prior to 1900. My Grandfather lived on a farm with no electricity, no running water, no indoor toilet or automobiles. But what they did have was a very acute sense of politics and who they liked and what they wanted as a Government and lifestyle. ALL staunch Republicans and borderline John Birchers with good moral values and a desire for all the things. Except one uncle Democrat. That was North Central Missouri.

If anything I have become an even more right wing, conservative Republican.

In my youth there was NO television, no jet airplanes, no cell phones, no computers, no internet.
__________________________________________________ _____

Presidential choices:

I'm having a very hard time coming to grips. I saw a very extensive list of potentially candidates that was E-mailed to me. A couple dozen. I knew nothing about 90%.

More names that come to mind:

Mike Huckabee
Sara Palin
John Bolton
Chris Christie

I will refrain from vetting them now. I have some issues to disclose later.

But I will enter for contemplation my choice for top dedicated Americans that I admire most. Not Presidential candidates.

At the top, Senator Jeff Sessions.
Equally Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

If we could scientifically integrate the DNA of these two top Americans we would have a President par excellence without any doubt in my mind.

The RNC is constantly bombarding me and I will try my best to clear my mind and choose a candidate. Any further help will be greatly appreciated. I always welcome opinions.

As things are going now it looks to me like our next will be a Republican.

NYC Mayor Ed Kock, now deceased, was a Democrat, a Jew, and the most honest politician I ever knew about in the Metro area. He did not play politics. He was absolutely dedicated to logic and honest. Although I sometimes disagreed with him, none the less he called a spade a spade often favorable to Republicans.

Incidentally, as an aside, Ex mayor Rudy Guliani, would be an another great choice.

Lots of good people but how to get them to the forefront and elected.

The magic question!

ilbegone 02-10-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 25384)
I didn't read any choices in that. You got one?

If who someone wants doesn't make it onto the ballot, and those with the money choose who will be on the ballot, then do I really have a choice? It all comes down to who can gather the big $$$$. I would like to be an idealist and think different, but it would take a lot of others with the willingness to use their vote for the lone horse that the money providers didn't choose.

Can you tell I'm jaded?

I'm not going to endorse anyone on this forum.

Money doesn't always get the mileage if people are disgusted enough. There have been enough recent nation wide examples of those running on a shoestring budget either winning or coming just short of a tie. Next district over, progressive loon Pete Aguilar spent a ton of Democrat money and just squeaked by Republican Paul Chabot, whom, it doesn't seem to me, could get any financial support from the Republican Party or anyone else. I understand Aguilar is already sweating the the next election and is seeking donations from the public with mailer solicitation. I'd like to send him a box full of the old Clinton $3.00 bills and the Obama Bucks with all the Arabic script on them. On the other hand in my congressional district of residence, Nestande seemed to be invisible during his campaign against Ruiz. He might have won in spite of all the turbo spin flung out by the Democrat machine if he just bothered to show up.

Look at the landslide elections of 1920 and 1980 and realize why they were landslides. Furthermore, the landslide winning platform in 1980 was very similar, if not identical, to the platform that lost by a landslide in 1964. Trueman lost both houses of Congress by the end of his tenure and Republican Eisenhower and VP Tricky Dick were sworn into office in 1953. Nixon barely lost to Kennedy (It seems a whole bunch of dead people voted in Texas and there may have been some ballot box shenanigans in Chicago). Goldwater was slaughtered in favor of Johnson. The nation then repudiated Johnson and the Democrats for Nixon, but Nixon got run off and the Nation repudiated Republicans in favor of Carter, then Carter was severly spanked in favor of Reagan. The nation got tired of Bush the first and the Republicans, Bill Clinton and the Democrats, Bush the second and the Republicans - which is how we ended up with Obama and his Democrats. And, Obama lost both houses of Congress, Just like Wilson and Trueman did in their times along with a change of party representation in the white house. However, this is another time and one can't be presumptuous. Yet history does repeat itself in a rough fashion, and I believe that much of the electorate tends to vote against rather than vote in favor.

Obama has a lot of Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter in his make up and I think it's getting old to many who voted against his opponents the last couple of presidential election cycles. If the Republican candidates don't viciously assassinate one another during the primaries and my pick comes out on top, I think we'll be doing well after the 2016 election.

Huckabee, super nice, good guy ex governor whom I don't think has a prayer (no pun intended). I don't believe Sarah Palin will have any traction, the Democrat assassination machine buried her and her time is over. Christie has had quite a few set ups and slander come his way, he may be tough enough to get past it and be a contender, but I'm not sure. I've not heard Bolton's name come up as a candidate, all that I know of him is that he is some sort of an ex ambassador, seems to have a handle on foreign affairs but probably doesn't have any administration experience.

Potential Democrat wild card: Governor Moonbeam might get into it, I'm sure he would have more traction than Clinton or Warren. My God, that man has more political lives than an old animal hoarding spinster has cats. Got a load of the Energizer Bunny to him too.

Jeanfromfillmore 02-11-2015 09:42 PM

Well there's a lot of weeds that can grow in the next two years. I have little hope of finding a flower. But, a lot can happen in the mean time.

wetibbe 02-14-2015 08:15 AM

Names

Fox news announced a short list of front runners currently:

#1. Scott Walker
#2. Ben Carson
#. Marco Rubio
# Mike Huckabee

There must be more than a dozen other lists all with different names.

But now I have found a prediction that the field of candidates will be huge, twice as many as last election, 23 names so far. So should I apologize to everyone for wasting their time with this silly trivia ?

This whole mess currently with Obama's many initiatives is so convoluted, contradictory, duplicitous that I am really having a hard time following the - to and fro - back and forth - One day it's this, the next it's that.

The salient conclusions that I have been able to come to are that:

1. Obama is completely off the rails.
2. The Republican Senators and Congressmen are fractionalized, split, and the numbers who actually understand the problems are so small that I can count them on the fingers of my two hands. I'm actually dumbfounded that the GOP is so innocuous, perceivably help-less, inept that they cannot stop the steam rollering successes of illegal alien gains.
3. The crimes being committed in the highest offices, the lies, chicanery, deception, innuendo, blatant violations of Federal Immigration and Customs laws so egregious, ------------ are going virtually unopposed in any fruitful, successful way. Albeit there is some opposition voiced, it seems to have virtually NO effect in stopping or remedying the avalanche.

What does appear to be happening is that the majority of Americans are increasingly dissatisfied. This is evidenced by the wins in the last election. I will venture the guess that if the Presidential election was held today we would have a Republican President. All indications so far are that over the ensuing years, to election, the current problems will grow, magnify, as reality sets in and all of the enormous damage accumulates - and by my information it is steam rollering increasingly rapidly.

Unfortunately, I am sorry to express my pessimism that we will be able to field a good right wing conservative. Those that I prefer are not running. The others appear, to me, to be wiling to try to appease as many voters as possible and will compromise their morality, if necessary, to win favor of as many voters as possible.

I'll repeat what NYC Mayor Ed Koch said: If a candidate has 9 of 12 positions *( or attitudes ) that you agree with - go with him. Ed was a very intelligent politician. A Democrat who was the most honest political figure I ever knew. I really respected his philosophy but disagreed with some of his decisions. And he was a New York City Jew who I liked a lot. I'll go with Ed's suggestion.