Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Black Panthers Plan Massive Protest & Boycott of ‘Non-Blacks’ (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=3845)

admin 05-10-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear Flag Republican (Post 16048)
Unkind words for those you were out on the street with? You supported illegal immigrants at protests? If that's the case, then why are you on this forum?

And I'm not showing hatred. I've just been beaten and stabbed for the color of my skin (while I was in high school), and don't trust blacks as a result of people much like these new black panthers, who whine about racism and then commit it in very violent ways ... would you blame a rape victim for being afraid of men?

I believe you have misinterpreted what RIM said. I've never read anywhere that she supported illegal immigration; quite the opposite. She has stood on the streets with SOS and others in opposing illegal immigration.
Please keep in mind that the focus of this organization is national, not racial. You're certainly entitled to your fears, and I'm not going to condemn you for them, however this forum is not the medium to flesh those out. While we consider some racial topics necessary and relevant to our mission, we don't encourage the dissemination of those that aren't relevant to our agenda.

Rim05 05-10-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Unkind words for those you were out on the street with? You supported illegal immigrants at protests? If that's the case, then why are you on this forum?

When I was on the street (every week), it was against illegal immigration, which is what the original SOS was all about. Those I stood with were of the same mind. I am surprised that you do not know what WE were doing.
I am on this forum because I am the same person I was in 2005 and I am here because I CHOOSE to be here.

Joe Turner started the old SOS to fight Illegal Immigration. Everyone here today seems to be about politics and race or color.
I hope some one will start a Political forum if that is what some seem to want because it is firmly in my mind that this is a forum against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Jeanfromfillmore 05-10-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 16058)
When I was on the street (every week), it was against illegal immigration, which is what the original SOS was all about. Those I stood with were of the same mind. I am surprised that you do not know what WE were doing.
I am on this forum because I am the same person I was in 2005 and I am here because I CHOOSE to be here.

Joe Turner started the old SOS to fight Illegal Immigration. Everyone here today seems to be about politics and race or color.
I hope some one will start a Political forum if that is what some seem to want because it is firmly in my mind that this is a forum against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Rimo, we know who you are and all the work and effort you've put forward toward stopping this invasion. Also, we are still an organization whose main effort is to have an impact on stopping this invasion.

What has become clear is that it is our politicians have turned a blind eye to our message, along with the media and our education system. It seems we may need to address all three, and to do that one must understand and know what all three are doing.

As far as the race situation, we can not pretend that the opposition is not using it, in a very twisted way, to their advantage. It becomes a "hands off" topic, because no matter what or how it is approached, someone will be offended. Everyone is looking for someone to point a finger at, and not take responsibility. That goes for just about everyone.

We try to keep it to a civil discourse without stepping on toes, but as often happens, someone gets offended.

Just remember, we remember our history of our members and all the volunteer equity each has given.

Bear Flag Republican 05-10-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

I have joined to make the same kinds of stands, but I don't see them being made, frankly. As soon as actions get organized, the bickering will stop. That said, keep in mind that in 2005 I was a 19 year old boy. You can't really blame me for not having been there, but you SHOULD be willing to make an effort not to chase away younger people.

ilbegone 05-10-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

It's a hard thing, this is my view:

illegal immigration will not be resolved without a political solution - and a lot of double dealing politicians aren't going to do anything more than pay lip service to us. That is, they'll jerk us off when the opposition isn't looking at the moment, then toss the pro illegal lobby a couple of concessions.

The street protests are a way to get a message to the politicians and the public. However, the only time the media features an anti illegal immigration event is when there is something sensationally objectionable about the protesters.

SOS held an event at the front door of a major media studio, there was no coverage of the event at all. However, when a Neo-Nazi group held a spit on me event in Riverside, the media burned rubber to be there there publish all sorts all sorts of negative publicity for the anti illegal immigration movement in general.

The media loves to find a crack pot in the midst of the anti illegal side to interview, and paint a twisted picture of everyone else based on that person. Meanwhile, they ignore the blatant racism projected by a great number of the pro illegal side.

There has to be a number of strategies considered. The protests can work for whatever visibility they can glean. In the meantime, the problem of illegal immigration won't be solved until errant local, state, and federal politicians have been made an example of, and unelected bureaucrats within the executive branch unquestionably understand that their job is to enforce the law, not find ways around it.

Here's the thing that a lot of people don't understand, even if they are able to see past that ocean of brown people (citizen or not) in front of them to the real culprits; while it all helps you can bitch your congressman out every day en mass, but until Obama is gone for good and a suitable replacement takes his place, Congress cannot compel civil service employees within the executive branch - such as Homeland Security and the Department of Justice to do what is needed. It's a situation where the prosecutors, defending counsel and potential government employee defendants are on the same team - they all work for Obama, not your congressman

ARE YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE?

As an addendum; The first time I witnessed an SOS event, it was in in Victorville maybe '05 or '06. There was a vociferous pro illegal crowd on the south side of the street shouting the usual "racist" stuff. I went to the north east corner where SOS was supposed to be. I was handed a flyer about Jews pissing on everyone's lunch, not illegal immigration. Backing off, I viewed from afar until the SOS crowd came back to the lot to leave. It seems that some white supremacists had showed up, and the SOS crowd moved to the north west corner.

So, a bunch of white racist knuckleheads showed up and took over the corner to piggyback on the SOS message while providing "proof" to the media and passersby SOS event attendies are ALL racist goofball extremists.

I spoke with Joe as the signs were being put in cars after the event. Joe told me what it was about, but I believe he had some suspicions about me being part of the opposition - he kept looking past me at the brown woman in the passenger side of my vehicle and back with narrowed eyes. I don't believe Joe meant it in a racist manner, I believe his step father was brown. But it could have been misinterpreted.