Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   California Schools (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Gay studies for children (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=3725)

ilbegone 04-02-2011 08:39 AM

Gay studies for children

As if our children weren't being educated as it is, the far left social engineering unit just won't quit:

Quote:

California lawmakers fight over bill to teach students about gay people's contributions

A measure proposed by state Sen. Mark D. Leno of San Francisco would require new social science textbooks to include 'a study of the role and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans.

More: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1951209.story'

Ayatollahgondola 04-02-2011 08:57 AM

This could be an interesting one, because I think it will pit the aspiring latino electorate against their own representational group in the house. Latinos are not notoriously tolerant of gays, but their representational group will most likely side with the diversity cabal, lest they lose funding and support.

Could this end up being one of those divisive issues that shows the latinos as a whole just how they will be treated by the supposed democracy they have been led to believe they can influence by sheer numerical advantage?

Twoller 04-02-2011 11:54 AM

"transgender contributions"? Transgender "surgery" hasn't been around long enough to record any historical contributions. I wonder who they had in mind to show up in these textbooks to offer up transgender "contributions".

Rim05 04-02-2011 02:47 PM

I can only say it is good that I do not have school age children. :mad:

Rim05 04-02-2011 02:49 PM

Second thought, why do parents sit by and not raise hell? They deserve what they get.

Kathy63 04-03-2011 06:30 AM

What's gone wrong with group identity history, is that once they get in the contributions of blacks, latinos, gays and women, there is no course time left for teaching what the real historical figures did.

Jeanfromfillmore 04-03-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy63 (Post 15307)
What's gone wrong with group identity history, is that once they get in the contributions of blacks, latinos, gays and women, there is no course time left for teaching what the real historical figures did.

I agree with you Kathy. It's so important to examine what is NOT being taught in our schools, they aren't even trying to teach some core subjects that were taught in the past.

Twoller 04-03-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 15312)
I agree with you Kathy. It's so important to examine what is NOT being taught in our schools, they aren't even trying to teach some core subjects that were taught in the past.

Like what? I can think of one thing they used to teach that they don't teach any more, citizenship.

Jeanfromfillmore 04-03-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twoller (Post 15324)
Like what? I can think of one thing they used to teach that they don't teach any more, citizenship.

In some schools they aren't even teaching cursive to grade school children anymore, because school in Mexico don't often teach it, so it becomes a burden to teach it to older students who arrived from there. If not all the students know it, they can't teach using it.
Many parts of History are now eliminated and social studies is rare.

Patriotic Army Mom 04-03-2011 05:07 PM

Just about everything Twoller. I have teenagers, and the crap they tell me makes me angry. I do look into many things and try to set things straight, but it's over whelming sometimes. It's not until one of the girls has a situation come up that they believe what I've been saying. Many of their friends say, my mom and dad think just like your mom! We are not alone, and we pick our battles.
At church our Pastor said that our DNA tells whether we are male or female and nothing can change that. What a concept and I needed to hear it. How simple it is!