Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   SOS Management and Operation Discussion (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Is it time to pack up the tent? (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=3268)

DerailAmnesty.com 04-01-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 15258)
No; I'm not afraid of embarrassment either. I would think my history of activism would have been your first clue. And yes; I'm very stubborn, and even my own bodily decay doesn't phase me.
Today, and throughout the past year, you've posted many links to your website. You're already getting free internet traffic...from an allegedly decaying, irrelevant organization no less. No need to thank us. That's what we're here for

Actually, as I'm sure you're aware, I just offered you money for a rapidly devaluing product. I'm confident you know this is true b/c I don't doubt you keep track of the SOS hit count and link traffic.

Ayatollahgondola 04-01-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 15265)
Actually, as I'm sure you're aware, I just offered you money for a rapidly devaluing product. I'm confident you know this is true b/c I don't doubt you keep track of the SOS hit count and link traffic.

We're not in it for the money or the popularity. Most of us have risked our fame and fortune for principle and community. The latter two goals are the only hit count I'm interested in here.

DerailAmnesty.com 04-01-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 15266)
We're not in it for the money or the popularity. Most of us have risked our fame and fortune for principle and community. The latter two goals are the only hit count I'm interested in here.

No, you haven't. There's not a current member of SOS who has either fame or fortune to lose. What are you talking about? And insofar as community is concerned, your traffic shows that fewer and fewer members of that community care enough to even visit the site.

What you have is a dwindling population that cares enough about the organization to occasionally look in. That's what your numbers reveal. Start dealing in reality.

Rim05 04-01-2011 12:02 PM

Why, Oh why must we go this way? This reminded me that I did not send the donation for the lettering. As I said before, it will not be very much but remember my SS check may not come on 5-1 because the GOP wants the government to shut down unless they get 'their' way.
Too bad for old people.
Some of this is what happened to SOS.org.

Ayatollahgondola 04-01-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 15267)
No, you haven't. There's not a current member of SOS who has either fame or fortune to lose. What are you talking about? And insofar as community is concerned, your traffic shows that fewer and fewer members of that community care enough to even visit the site.

What you have is a dwindling population that cares enough about the organization to occasionally look in. That's what your numbers reveal. Start dealing in reality.

And here's a reality for you to deal with:
Your record here is going to reflect one that is intent on the failure of our effort, rather than the success of it.
You can change that or continue it

Ayatollahgondola 04-01-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 15268)
Some of this is what happened to SOS.org.

I think it's different. There was a lot more mistrust because there was a lot more censorship, control and hidden subterfuge. I'll give him one thing. I commend him for finally stating his goal.

DerailAmnesty.com 04-01-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 15269)
And here's a reality for you to deal with:
Your record here is going to reflect one that is intent on the failure of our effort, rather than the success of it.
You can change that or continue it

Davi, as has been the case on multiple occasions in the past, I think you and I will have to continue to disagree. A meeting of the minds just doesn't appear to be on the horizon.

Jeanfromfillmore 04-01-2011 01:41 PM

Sam finally came out and showed his true colors. Taking over SOS was and has been his goal from day one, and some of us knew it. He made it impossible to work with him and constantly complained over things that were so insignificant, one had to question his motives. He did a great deal of damage within weeks of the new SOS getting started. This was not revealed on the board, and keep between those that were involved and on the receiving end of his agenda.

Sam is not privy to the working of SOS anymore and has not been for about one year. He has no idea what we are doing and thus cannot disrupt us except to make various attacks at our progress.

Sam has in the past associated himself with other organization, just to be rejected. He recently has tried to go off on his own with an internet forum board which he closed down, and now has a blog that he places on the SOS forum to generate some activity. But obviously he and his blog are not getting the attention he desires and he feels it is time to make a move at obtaining the SOS forum, which was his goal from day one.

Sam you may think of yourself as having the ability to dodge a question with just a reply but not an answer. But it is obvious to others what your intent has been for a long time. You've used your "lawyer card" as a carrot many times, but have seldom followed through with anything. My advice is to leave as gracefully as you can because there is a history that follows you and some have long memories.

DerailAmnesty.com 04-01-2011 02:05 PM

Jean, that's simply brilliant. You've figured things out so throughly and gleaned each of my ulterior motives. Now I understand why you can't possibly be bothered to orchestrate anything. Why it must have taken you every waking hour to piece all that together.

Actually, I'm going to have to apologize to, at least you, for having pointed out the largely self-evident in this thread. It was never my intention to post anything that might distract you from being the first person to cut and paste 3000 entries on the board.

I'm confident that if you continue with the same dogged determination you've had for over a year, you'll reach your ultimate goal in no time. Godspeed to you.

ilbegone 04-01-2011 02:38 PM

Is this what could be loosely termed a hostile take over attempt?

Angry words, brow beating, insults, and an offer to buy out just to shut it down but use it for unspecified internet traffic?

To what personal purpose? It doesn't seem to be about getting a bargain.

Just a little more cut and paste...

Quote:

V bulletin Forum classic New license $195.00

http://www.vbulletin.com/
Quote:

GET YOUR OWN URL $6.99

http://www.networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/RV8.jsp?siteid=181&channelid=P13C181S570N0B9A1D661 E0000V100&promo=RV699SALE3&referID=ns_msn_domains_ tp&k=buy_url{Phone-RV}&adid=439822932&rvm=p&utm_source=bing&utm_mediu m=cpc&utm_term=buy%20url&utm_content=439822932&utm _campaign=Domains%20TP%20Search%20{Open}&s_pid=2&s _kid=4922815971&s_cid=70816368&s_agid=525089817&s_ aid=439822932&s_mt=p&clickid=6252555264

Ayatollahgondola 04-01-2011 03:24 PM

Everyone has an opinion, bad, good, or indifferent about others here. I'm still lobbying for people to get active out there, and here. I don't want to run anyone off, or make it seem inhospitable. I don't have a problem telling someone what I think of them, or their actions, and still wanting them to be active, or even putting up with their opinions of me afterwards.
I want to keep fighting back. I'll still support those who do the same, even if I disagree strongly with them on anything or everything else.

Ayatollahgondola 04-03-2011 07:16 AM

I have no idea what inspired this thread in the first place. Quite obviously if it were a simple business proposition it would have served the proposer better to have done so in a letter or phone call. So I don't believe that was the primary motive.
Neither do I see any possible value coming out of someone within the immigration law enforcement support community trying to publicly humiliate the effort that some of us have given towards this organization. We may not be entirely effective at present, but what possible good comes from denouncing that which we are able to do? Would our community be served better by silencing one more open house that is still willing to speak out and continue activism in whatever form it can, with whatever resources it can muster?
I'll go one step beyond that and ask why is it more important to point out the perceived weaknesses of this entity, than the will, dedication, and recent effort of those still willing to apply themselves here?

Patriotic Army Mom 04-03-2011 05:03 PM

Very well said! Every time I went to a rally, it wasn't to find fault with those I rallied with, it was for the cause, and only the cause. I will still rally anytime that I can, and it will be for the same reason. Those that nit pick are the problems and don't see it.

Jeanfromfillmore 04-03-2011 05:29 PM

Thank you for speaking up PAM, we appreciate it.

I have a hard time with people considering this board "their entertainment"

We have worked with fumes in regards to donations of any sort, I can count on one hand any financial support we've received.

Some people only want us to organize street activism so they can attend them to advertise their own agenda. We don't stop other from promoting themselves, but to come on this board and criticize because they're not getting enough attention or enough entertainment while not supporting this organization in any way shape or form, is very uncalled for.

You will notice that everything I mentioned about Sam and what he did, he did not deny. Not one word. All he could do was to try to belittle what I have done by criticizing me for keeping this board updated and moderated as much as I can. Now I'm a bad guy for donating my time to this board and keeping it current.

We do a lot that others don't know about or even need to know, and I might add, we're not paid employees, we volunteer our own time and money.

The last protest we did about 8 people showed up, and that included me. Even though the media showed and waited about an hour for others to show, they didn't.

We have started SOS Radio, now there's little excuse to not participate, no one has to leave their comfort zone. But some people can't get their advertising through that outlet, and that really bothers them.

You want this org. to grow and have more street activism? There's an easy answer, promote it and participate.

Patriotic Army Mom 04-04-2011 07:19 AM

I take this very serious. It is no joke. It keeps us all up on what's going on. If there were no teenagers in my house, my flag and I would be at everything. My flag stays in my trunk and I'm ready to rock and roll. Thanks to all of you for doing what you can, we are not done yet, and soon we all will hit the streets.

DerailAmnesty.com 05-02-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 15308)
I have no idea what inspired this thread in the first place.

That's not true. It might be accurate if you were either stupid or illiterate, but you're not.

The first post in this thread reflects that the subject matter was nothing being done or scheduled.

Ayatollahgondola 05-02-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 15944)
That's not true. It might be accurate if you were either stupid or illiterate, but you're not.

You're such a sweet talker when you're in the mood :o

americafirst 06-26-2011 10:08 AM

National E-Verify!

Is this a good time to get involved. Tancredo just endorsed the National E-Verify legislation-Lamar Smith H.R. 2164 Legal Workforce Act. It is difficult to know if a support rally will make a difference, but it would be nice to gather and see some of you guys. The weather is nice and the public is receptive.
I'll bring the starbucks!

Jeanfromfillmore 06-26-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americafirst (Post 16764)
Is this a good time to get involved. Tancredo just endorsed the National E-Verify legislation-Lamar Smith H.R. 2164 Legal Workforce Act. It is difficult to know if a support rally will make a difference, but it would be nice to gather and see some of you guys. The weather is nice and the public is receptive.
I'll bring the starbucks!

Where are you located?

americafirst 06-28-2011 03:35 PM

E-Verify

Simi/West San Fernando area. Just suggesting a issue that will reasonate with the public. it would even be great if we had something where Davi could come down and meet some more of our southern california members.

Rim05 06-29-2011 05:18 AM

I do wish we could become more active in any kind of activities. That includes going to city council meetings and EVERYTHING CONCERNING SCHOOLS. Encourage those you know to do something, teach them the things you know in a friendly manner.
Sacramento seems to be the hot bed of protests these days instead of SoCal. The opposition throngs can still be organized in LA by the opposition today at the whim of our Invaders.
Life does change so, I know some people are now unemployed,have moved away, have children, have married and, have street retired. Just, please, don't give up.

Everyday, I listen to something new that is changing, and it is never for the better for us.

I listen to the politicians screaming about what they will correct and change. Just remember, they are pandering for your vote only. Once elected they will do what they want. They are on their way to wealth. You are the only one who can stop/change that.
Good luck in any and all you do.

Ayatollahgondola 06-29-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 16814)
I do wish we could become more active in any kind of activities. That includes going to city council meetings and EVERYTHING CONCERNING SCHOOLS. Encourage those you know to do something, teach them the things you know in a friendly manner.

Yes please. I've posted several videos of myself at council, supervisor, and state committee meetings as an example. Also have posted positive results coming from those. These meetings are often devoid of input from us, and it is my opinion that they actually like us showing up and getting involved, if for no other reason than it is boring without us.
Protests are great...I mean really great. But standing on the bridge where the captains are charting the course and where they have to let you give input on that course is like getting your chance on wheel of fortune, with the exception that it's your future you are playing for.