Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is the amnesty bill failing? (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=7996)

Greg in LA 06-05-2013 04:16 PM

Is the amnesty bill failing?

Lot of games going on, in the amnesty front in Congress.

Zuckerberg of Facebook spends millions on adds featuring Rubio promoting the toughness of the amnesty bill.

Then Rubio says he's going to vote no on the bill if border enforcement isn't increased. Breitbart article quotes Rubio aide: "Rubio trying to get out of the gang of eight".

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Gang-of-Eight

House version of the Gang of Eight, falls apart for the tenth time as Congressmen Labrador exits gang.

It seems like the amnesty bill isn't off to a great start, after months and months of glowing, praise filled daily articles about the gang of eight, and the inevitability of immigration reform, due to the wide spread support from "Faith" communities (money hungry churches), business and new found support from Republican leaders (which isn't new at all).

Judging from the 2007 amnesty battle, it starts strong, falls apart, they patch it together, something happens they patch it together again, and on and on until it fails.

I hope that's what's happening, please fill me in if you see something different.

P.S. Monday June 10th is the day the bill is scheduled to be introduced in the Senate.

Ayatollahgondola 06-06-2013 05:34 AM

The bill is just sooo bad that it needs force, coercion, bribery, and subterfuge to pass. that given, I don't see how it would, but then again, the patriot act passed, as did the recent amendment to include being held without trial.

so of course it may look wobbly. That makes it look like they put up a fight. But these people who get to the senate are not people I trust to do the right thing. Keep hammering them

Jeanfromfillmore 06-06-2013 11:54 AM

With Holder pulling the crap he's been doing I don't see the House going along with anything placed before them. This White House has basically said F...Y.. to those that aren't on the far left and in lock step with his agenda. Our only hope is an angry defiant House. This administration has little respect for our laws or the majority of the public. Obama used the Office to pad his reelection and the left crossed out legality to keep him there while the Occupyers cried like babies that they weren't getting their cut and no one paid attention to the damage and lies. The media, educated in those liberal leftist bastions of pious moral idiots who couldn't see beyond their indoctrinated agenda worshiped him; even after Obama's lackey's went after them they still make excuses for everything the White House does. The brain dead voted this crap into office, now everyone is paying the price. But asked most people what is happening and the majority haven't a clue to what's going on, they just care about being entertained.

Greg in LA 06-06-2013 09:40 PM

My phone calling the last few days have been limited, but from my experience the Capitol switchboard which I use has had waiting periods to get connected. I hope that is a good sign.

My attempts have mainly been targeted at Mitch McConnell. I'm mostly focusing my anger on him.
I can say that it's been next to impossible to get connected to his office, the voice mail always says it's due to high call volume. I hope that means there are thousands of angry people like me trying to reach his office.
I'm not getting any inside information about what's going on, but I crave any insight that I can get.
My hunch is that they don't have the 60 votes in the Senate and Rubio is panicking.

Or maybe the only Republican votes they have are the four from the gang of eight plus Hatch and now Rubio is panicking about that instead.

Greg in LA 06-06-2013 09:56 PM

I count 52 Democrats in the Senate, 51 now that God, thankfully removed Lautenberg.

We've got four yes votes from the Republican members of the Gang. Sanders from Vermont is "independent", but usually votes with the Dems., but I've heard that Sanders has problems with the way it negatively impacts labor markets. Hatch, says he's a yes vote on the amnesty.

51+4+1=56

If every Democrat is a yes vote plus Hatch and the gang of eight that's still doesn't reach 60.

Rand paul, and Cornyn could make it 58, still not enough to pass.

I don't believe that every single Democrat is a yes vote either.