Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Elections, Politics, and Partisanship (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Just in case your enthusiasm ... (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2950)

DerailAmnesty.com 10-20-2010 02:50 PM

Just in case your enthusiasm ...

... for the upcoming elections was beginning to wane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehcHUOirIs0

ilbegone 10-20-2010 05:09 PM

The flag came into view, patriotic music began playing, then Chelene came into view and introduced herself.

I immediately punched the close button, and moseyed on.

Can't help it, that's the way it is.

Rim05 10-20-2010 07:00 PM

This is the worst year for an election I have ever seen. In the last two days the adds on TV have been terrible and the candidates are terrible, we may as not have an election. I wonder how many millions of dollars have been spent on the elections.

ohighlass 10-21-2010 11:32 AM

agreed

The candidates are spending lots of money to be able to pour slime and dish crap out about their opponents. I have not heard any of them tell us what changes or solutions they have in mind to better us. I guess it doesn't matter anyway - they would all be broken promises, I am sure. Just like Obama.

I hit the mute button on the TV control when the ads come on.

Today, some guy was in the rain alongside a major roadway waving a USA flag standing amid signs supporting Brown and a democrat locally running for Congress. I remember when the Ojai Valley used to be so conservative, like Orange County was. Alas, now it is full of a new generation of "educated" liberals, spending the inheritences received from their hard-working, dead, conservative parents.....

DerailAmnesty.com 10-21-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohighlass (Post 12827)
I have not heard any of them tell us what changes or solutions they have in mind to better us.

Well, Jerry Brown recently announced to a crowd at UCLA that he would have (and intends to, when given the opportunity) signed the California DREAM Act (i.e. financial aid for illegals) that Schwarzenegger vetoed a week or two ago.

Twoller 10-21-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 12829)
Well, Jerry Brown recently announced to a crowd at UCLA that he would have (and intends to, when given the opportunity) signed the California DREAM Act (i.e. financial aid for illegals) that Schwarzenegger vetoed a week or two ago.

Is there any evidence that Whitman wouldn't have done the same thing?

DerailAmnesty.com 10-21-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twoller (Post 12830)

Yes.

"Jerry Brown and I couldn't disagree more on this issue. The state of California is in economic meltdown, and one of Jerry Brown's top priorities is to give financial aid and in-state tuition breaks to undocumented immigrants. He not only supports legislation that would enable that type of state spending, he said it would be 'one of the first bills' he'd sign. It's either reckless mismanagement of taxpayer dollars or political pandering for votes. The truth is the state can't afford either right now,” Whitman said in a statement. “Not only is Brown's position wrong, it’s unfair to California taxpayers as well as the families who are here legally.”

Twoller 10-21-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

".... It's either reckless mismanagement of taxpayer dollars or political pandering for votes. The truth is the state can't afford either right now,” Whitman said in a statement. “Not only is Brown's position wrong, it’s unfair to California taxpayers as well as the families who are here legally.”
It must be the Republican party line that the reason we should not give illegal immigrants money for higher education is because it costs too much. Ah-nold said the same thing when he vetoed the bill.

We should not be giving any government money to illegal immigrants anywhere for any reason because they are here illegally and need to be thrown out.

Money for coming from the government for purposes of higher education should be going to US citizens and nobody else. Nobody else.

ilbegone 10-22-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 12814)
This is the worst year for an election I have ever seen. In the last two days the adds on TV have been terrible and the candidates are terrible, we may as not have an election. I wonder how many millions of dollars have been spent on the elections.

Quote:

The candidates are spending lots of money to be able to pour slime and dish crap out about their opponents. I have not heard any of them tell us what changes or solutions they have in mind to better us. I guess it doesn't matter anyway - they would all be broken promises, I am sure. Just like Obama.
I don't pay attention to the adds, I figure they are venom from a two headed snake attacking itself.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes.

"Jerry Brown and I couldn't disagree more on this issue.
Whitman had a different pander mode in her Spanish pitches than she did in her English speeches.

Spanish language rag La Opinion was on Whitman like a wet blanket for being two faced over the Mexican maid and immigration. While I didn't pay much attention to Spanish language media reaction while she was previously soft peddling her immigration stance in Spanish ( I read some of her Spanish pitches), I'm sure they hammered her about being two faced in that regard as well.

I sent in my absentee ballot yesterday, so I'm ignoring the noise until the results come in.

Whatever the results, I figure that if Whitman becomes gooberner, her best results will be likened to Schwarzenegger with a belated realization that the goobernatorial office is nothing like being an autocratic CEO, she will merely be a clog in Sacramento's legislative toilet.

If Brown gets in - even though he is vastly more qualified to be gooberner than Whitman - I believe we're all f***** -> even those who now benefit from the something for nothing trough in the California feed lot.

Ayatollahgondola 10-22-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilbegone (Post 12835)
Whatever the results, I figure that if Whitman becomes gooberner, her best results will be likened to Schwarzenegger with a belated realization that the goobernatorial office is nothing like being an autocratic CEO, she will merely be a clog in Sacramento's legislative toilet.

If Brown gets in - even though he is vastly more qualified to be gooberner than Whitman - I believe we're all f***** -> even those who now benefit from the something for nothing trough in the California feed lot.

Sums up my sentiments too