Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Red Alert ! Call to action to all Patriots! (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=8063)

Ayatollahgondola 06-24-2013 09:28 PM

The amendment, so called fig leaf, is a little hard to vote against. "Senator so-and-so voted against a border fence". So this may not be so much a key vote. It could be a semi clever plot though, with an as yet unplayed diabolical twist ahead. We may have our hold-outs in the senate being lead to a trap, and maybe they are just a bit wiser than we give them credit for. the dems are as predictable as the sun, as usual.
It's really hard for us in California, because we're stuck with the predictable ones, and we can't really put our heads in the frame of mind that lets us try to get in the thought process of the reasonable conservative holdouts.

I also see that this fight over immigration reform is getting some competition from several other issues. The spying scandal peels some away, and the IRS one has captivated the TEA party (they've always been taxes, taxes, taxes). Add to that the daily newscasts that have been chock full of people exhibiting the most bizarre behaviors I've had the displeasure to read, and you have a recipe for being frozen-in-the-headlights.

So now we just have to keep our wits about us as this drama unfolds, or plays itself out, depending on whether you believe it's already a done deal behind closed doors, or a nasty, politically bloody battle that could go either way.

Greg in LA 06-25-2013 06:54 AM

Thanks for the input Ayatollah, I'm glad to have someone to talk to about all that's going on.
I just finished my calls to all the sponsor's and co sponsors of the Hoeven-Corker amendment this morning. I vented a lot of anger to these criminals we have in the Senate. They knew what's coming this morning and the Senators put the kids on the line to take it for them.

You raise some good points that we really don't know what is going on, as too why the Republican Senators are betraying us and voting for the Amnesty.

One thing I've been thinking lately is in 2006 the amnesty bill passed the Senate, we had a Republican lead House that year and there was no way they were going to pass the amnesty in the House. Maybe it was easier for Republican Senators to pass the amnesty because they knew it wasn't going to become law.

2007 was a lot scarier, because Pelosi was speaker of the house, and if it passed the Senate it wouldn't have been a problem to pass the house also.

Maybe the Republican Senators this time around are using their vote to pass the amnesty in the Senate, collect the money from Adelson and the US Chamber of commerce, because they feel confident it's dead in the House?

Then again, maybe we've just been betrayed.

We are not sure if Boehner is going to betray us, but his name is "Bone-er".

On a side note the only sparks that flew were when I called Feinstein's office and told the call taker that first the government spy's on us and now they are voting to depress our wages. Boy the call taker didn't like the spying accusations, but couldn't care less about the amnesty topic.

I should also mention that a lot of people think the IRS/Tea party scandal and the government spying on citizen's scandal is all meant to distract the public from the real crime that's going on in the Senate as they try to surrender the country.

Ayatollahgondola 06-25-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg in LA (Post 23425)
Thanks for the input Ayatollah, I'm glad to have someone to talk to about all that's going on.
I just finished my calls to all the sponsor's and co sponsors of the Hoeven-Corker amendment this morning. I vented a lot of anger to these criminals we have in the Senate. They knew what's coming this morning and the Senators put the kids on the line to take it for them.

You raise some good points that we really don't know what is going on, as too why the Republican Senators are betraying us and voting for the Amnesty.

One thing I've been thinking lately is in 2006 the amnesty bill passed the Senate, we had a Republican lead House that year and there was no way they were going to pass the amnesty in the House. Maybe it was easier for Republican Senators to pass the amnesty because they knew it wasn't going to become law.

2007 was a lot scarier, because Pelosi was speaker of the house, and if it passed the Senate it wouldn't have been a problem to pass the house also.

Maybe the Republican Senators this time around are using their vote to pass the amnesty in the Senate, collect the money from Adelson and the US Chamber of commerce, because they feel confident it's dead in the House?

Then again, maybe we've just been betrayed.

We are not sure if Boehner is going to betray us.

On a side note the only sparks that flew were when I called Feinstein's office and told the call taker that first the government spy's on us and now they are voting to depress our wages. Boy the call taker didn't like the spying accusations, but couldn't care less about the amnesty topic.

I should also mention that a lot of people think the IRS/Tea party scandal and the government spying on citizen's scandal is all meant to distract the public from the real crime that's going on in the Senate as they try to surrender the country.

They are certainly on the defensive about the irs and spying scandals. They're taking heat from their liberal supporters, and that worries them a bit. Don't kid yourself about the priorities of the TEA party heirarchy. They consider the tax issue, THE issue, the spying issue is nothing to them, save for the value it is in beating up whatever dems might get hurt over it. while the TEA party's base may think otherwise, the TEA party leaders would sell us out in a heartbeat for a tax concession that had staying power.

Greg in LA 06-25-2013 07:29 AM

The Tea Party is concerned about taxes primarily. They never seemed to quite get it on immigration.

The Tea Party seems to me to be dieing quite swiftly, as it's stars Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio are done with them, and ditched the movement as quickly as they could.

Politics is such an ugly profession. Liars , stupidity, betrayal. and smiles to cover it up.

Are they really going to kill the American nation and pass the amnesty? or are they just going to score some cash and then snap out of it.

Ayatollahgondola 06-25-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg in LA (Post 23427)
The Tea Party is concerned about taxes primarily. They never seemed to quite get it on immigration.

The Tea Party seems to me to be dieing quite swiftly, as it's stars Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio are done with them, and ditched the movement as quickly as they could.

Politics is such an ugly profession. Liars , stupidity, betrayal. and smiles to cover it up.

Are they really going to kill the American nation and pass the amnesty? or are they just going to score some cash and then snap out of it.

I don't believe that Rubio or Paul are sophisticated enough to prevent being used by powers in the beltway that could care less about the sovereignty of the US. Both, I believe, are being used.

ilbegone 06-25-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 23428)
I don't believe that Rubio or Paul are sophisticated enough to prevent being used by powers in the beltway that could care less about the sovereignty of the US. Both, I believe, are being used.

There is an ancient joke that goes something like this:

A stinking rich old Robber Baron from the late 1800's (who was long past his physical prime) held an extravagant socialite party, all the names who were names (whether or not they hated, opportunistically stabbed in the back, or eternally and wantonly with malice of forethought tried to destroy one another) gathered to - with great insincerity - hide their true feelings and have a publicly perceived good time (all media were there with all their fellational obsequiousness), with only the occasional jaw tightening zinger and a couple of corporate attorney driven "honor killings" to disturb the peace.

Very soon an extremely attractive young woman caught the host's eye. With scant schmoozing beyond introductions and leaving seduction to other players (whom he regarded as "losers") the pitiless larcenist got straight to the point:

Quote:

Will you sleep with me for a million dollars?
he asked.

Blushing coyly, the young woman enthusiastically gushed:

Quote:

Anytime, you handsome, smooth talking devil you
To which the gadzillionaire host queried:

Quote:

Well, very good. How about nine dollars and thirty two cents?
To which the gorgeous young woman drew her skirts to one side, flashed her indignent eyes and icily asked:

Quote:

What sort of woman do you think I am?
To which the elderly Robber Baron host thusly replied:

Quote:

We've already established that fact, we're just haggling over the price
Washington is full of discount political whores.