Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Immigration (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Any bets on Brewer tomorrow? (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=2239)

usa today 06-02-2010 03:16 PM

Any bets on Brewer tomorrow?

I just hope she tells Obomba to get his act together , put 10k active troops on the border and get the job done

Just a question on posse comm......whatever

The law says active military troops cannot be used for a police action, correct?

I was under the impression that it was their main job to protect the country from invasion? WELL WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON ON THE SOUTHERN BORDER?

I really believe that the posse com law does not apply to that situation since now there are real reports of REAL terrorists and foreign nationals streaming across the mexican border

Fox has covered this today , they say the numbers are SHOOTING THROUGH THE ROOF

Kathy63 06-03-2010 09:26 AM

Cocaine barry will insult her and dismiss her. He will put his nose in the air, say he's the president, he won and if she doesn't do what she's told, he will put his boot on her throat.

This is the same politburo that threatened to put Bobby Jindal under MILITARY ARREST if he protected Louisiana. If you think that Jan Brewer is going to be heard honestly you don't live in the same America as the rest of us.

tim55 06-03-2010 10:52 AM

Nah, Obama will offer her a job in exchange for shutting her pie hole. When he does, maybe she'll hawk a lugie in his face. OOOps, did I just write that? Shame on me.

Don 06-03-2010 10:55 AM

Gov. Brewer just appeared on TV post meeting and she was very strong and decisive. She stood up to this Indonesian imposter and was a credit to the tradition of patriotic Americans.

usa today 06-03-2010 12:50 PM

The word I got (I didn't see the post report)
Is she caved and was talking about comprehensive

I'll wait until I see the commentary tonight

Jeanfromfillmore 06-03-2010 01:17 PM

Arizona Governor Gets Few Results From Meeting With Obama
President Obama will dispatch an official to sit down with Jan Brewer in the next month but the Arizona governor said Thursday she got few other results from her meeting with the commander-in-chief, including any details about where 1,200 National Guard troops will be deployed along the U.S.-Mexico border.
Brewer met with Obama to discuss the state's new law clamping down on illegal immigrants that the White House opposes. The meeting comes as Justice Department officials consider suing the state in a bid to block the law, which makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally.
Obama has blasted the law, which takes effect July 29, as "misguided" and warned that it could violate civil rights and lead to racial profiling.
During a brief news conference on the White House driveway following her meeting with the president, Brewer described the meeting as "cordial," but the potential lawsuit wasn't discussed.
"That was kind of over, brushed over a little bit," she said.
When asked if she thinks the president has read the law, Brewer only smiled.
In a written statement, the White House said Obama reiterated his concern over the law and how it could lead to a patchwork of different state immigration regulations that would interfere with the federal government's response.
"The president urged Gov. Brewer to be his partner in working in a bipartisan manner on comprehensive immigration reform to implement the type of smart, sensible, and effective solutions the American people expect and deserve from their federal government," the White House said.
Brewer said she assumes in two weeks, she'll know how many National Guard troops will be headed to Arizona.
"People from the staff are coming out to Arizona to brief us on what their projections are going to be in regards to the 1,200 National Guard and the $500 million that he has indicated that he's going to send down there. And we're going to see how that's going to get distributed. He assured us that the majority of resources will be coming to Arizona -- yet to be figured out," she said.
The governor said she is encouraged there will be "much better dialogue between the federal government and the state of Arizona" on border security and immigration reform.
"I hope that's not wishful thinking but positive thinking," she said.
Citing scheduling issues, Obama initially declined to meet with Brewer this week while she is in Washington for a Council of Governors meeting. But as criticism grew over Obama's seeming snub, he made time on his calendar.
While Obama is pushing for a multi-layered approach to immigration, Brewer is advocating for a policy that will secure the border first. On Thursday, neither side backed down from their approach.
"I feel very confident about what we've done in the past is the right thing to do," Brewer said. "We're protecting America. We need to secure our border."
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said the best way to tackle illegal immigration is on the federal level. He added that Sen. John McCain was "very instrumental" in getting immigration overhaul legislation near passage in 2007.
"I doubt we'll get there without him doing what he did in those years," he said.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...meeting-obama/

Video of Brewer after the meeting. Sounds like she held her ground.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4225653/b...-am-encouraged

Rim05 06-03-2010 03:20 PM

This is one I really hope Obama will reconsider. He is wrong if he thinks we will relent.

usa today 06-03-2010 03:35 PM

Pretty much the same crap I've heard from every liberal talking head in the last few weeks
"only comprehensive (amnesty) will be considered"

What part of FORGET THE AMNESTY are they not getting?

They have shown they have no intention of stopping the flow and securing the border.
My only thought at this time is that a major terrorist(God forbid...but) attack on a major city will occur and will be traced back to the southern border, I think that is the only thing that will wake these morons up.

Its not a matter of if it happens , but when , rumblings now are saying massive numbers of Islamic terrorists are finding it really easy to cross that border.

Twoller 06-03-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usa today (Post 9772)
Pretty much the same crap I've heard from every liberal talking head in the last few weeks
"only comprehensive (amnesty) will be considered"

What part of FORGET THE AMNESTY are they not getting?

They have shown they have no intention of stopping the flow and securing the border.
My only fear at this time is that a major terrorist(God forbid...but) attack on a major city occurs and is traced back to the southern border, I think that is the only thing that will wake these morons up.

Its not a matter of if it happens , but when , rumblings now are saying massive numbers of Islamic terrorists are finding it really easy to cross that border.

9/11 was an act commited by a conspiracy of illegal immigrants (expired student visas) and it changed nothing. Why wish for another 9/11?

usa today 06-04-2010 05:31 AM

Its not a question of if its going to happen
Only when its going to happen