Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Associates in Action (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   State Capitol Action (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=58)

Ayatollahgondola 10-22-2009 07:14 PM

State Capitol Action

I just looked through the latest upcoming events at the state capitol, and boy what a snoozer. It's one of the shortest lists I've seen in a year. Have a look:
http://publicdocumentdistributors.co...0&postcount=28

So I was thinking it's time to toss an event of some type to stretch the old legs. DerailAmnestyDotcom is arranging an event down south, and I'd like accentuate the effort up north. Got a few proposals if anyone is interested..

Ayatollahgondola 11-06-2009 07:55 AM

Well, since there's limited interest, I'm going to proceed alone on an event.

It's going to be a half-mast flag event held on the west steps, and in honor of slain BP agent Rosas. We will commemorate other BP agents slain on the job as well, but the main thrust will be Rosas sacrifice because he was a Californian and the murder took place in California. I'll build an extended flagpole around 20 feet or more, anchored by a water filled base, and we'll hoist up three flags half way, with an emblem of some kind at the top of the pole. At the base we'll display pictures of agent Rosas, family, and circumstances surrounding his killing. I'll apply for the permit on monday, and I'd appreciate any help in distributing this to groups that might have interest in attending or providing any support in the way of display materials or manning the display that day

Jeanfromfillmore 11-06-2009 12:18 PM

Thank you AG.

Ayatollahgondola 11-09-2009 07:51 PM

So here's my plan,

I built a flagpole that's about 24 feet tall. The base will be a truck tire that can just be rolled up to the capitol steps, and then covered up with some fabric as yet to be named. the pole will have a pulley at the top and bottom to hoist up the flags. I still need something for the very top like a small bulb or Eagle. At the base, we'll have a folding collage of Rosas pictures.
Then, a folding table with a few folding chairs, and on the table some information related to the killing, some border pictures of illegals entering, and my two binders of color wanted photos from various law enforcement agencies. I have a background display, but I'm not sure I can manage that alone in case no one else is available. It's going to be a weekday event because that's the only time there are people at the capitol.
We'll run the flags up to the top after we get set up, then lower them to half mast for the rest of the day.
I could use some help gatherin the info and pics from internet sources, and contacting any minutemen or other borderwatch groups to see if they have interest in attending. they are free to display their group name along with ours if they do

Dawes 11-11-2009 07:38 AM

Is this for the anti-amnesty rally on Nov 14th? I am planning on going.

Ayatollahgondola 11-11-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawes (Post 788)
Is this for the anti-amnesty rally on Nov 14th? I am planning on going.

No, there's not sufficient time to obtain a permit for that. I'm looking at calendars that might provide info as to high visibility days in that spot.

Ayatollahgondola 11-18-2009 08:47 AM

I am planning an event on the west steps for the second week in December,

It will have to be a weekday, but it will last all day long, so if anyone can make it please contact me.
Those dates would be the 7th through the 11th, and I will be narrowing it down this week.

Jeanfromfillmore 11-18-2009 02:10 PM

Hope you NorCal people have plenty of gas in your cars and have a great showing. I sure wish I was traveling up there on those dates. I may be up that way in late Jan. But not sure yet.

Commander Bunny 11-22-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 1249)
Hope you NorCal people have plenty of gas in your cars and have a great showing. I sure wish I was traveling up there on those dates. I may be up that way in late Jan. But not sure yet.

I can just throw the old truck into neutral, and coast down to sacto, driving back up the sierras will take a little gas though.
I'll arrange my schedule to have the 7th-to 11th-(ish) time frame wide-open for this, and bring it to the attention of Other NorCal Groups that I Know to bring the numbers up as well.
I've also found quite an interest in my area of like-minded Folks that have never heard of any Groups, like SOS/Others, that would be very willing to show as well, as I discovered at the "Tea-party" protest a few months back, where the protesters outnumbered the Town's population..

CB.

Jeanfromfillmore 11-22-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Bunny (Post 1557)
I can just throw the old truck into neutral, and coast down to sacto, driving back up the sierras will take a little gas though.
I'll arrange my schedule to have the 7th-to 11th-(ish) time frame wide-open for this, and bring it to the attention of Other NorCal Groups that I Know to bring the numbers up as well.
I've also found quite an interest in my area of like-minded Folks that have never heard of any Groups, like SOS/Others, that would be very willing to show as well, as I discovered at the "Tea-party" protest a few months back, where the protesters outnumbered the Town's population..

CB.

Sounds great!

Commander Bunny 11-30-2009 11:01 AM

AG. any updates on a date/time for this event?
I've re-arranged my schedule for the 7th> window.

CB.

Ayatollahgondola 11-30-2009 05:40 PM

I had to apply for a later date because they are setting up for the annual Christmas tree lighting in the area I wanted to use. I hope to hear back from them soon, and then i'll re-announce the date.