Save Our State

Save Our State (http://www.saveourstate.info/index.php)
-   Elections, Politics, and Partisanship (http://www.saveourstate.info/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Any way you look at it, Obama's going down! (http://www.saveourstate.info/showthread.php?t=422)

LAPhil 11-26-2009 08:46 AM

Any way you look at it, Obama's going down!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 26% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15. This is the second straight day at -15, the lowest Approval Index rating yet measured for President Obama (see trends).

ilbegone 11-26-2009 10:06 AM

Obama is going to crash and burn, but I don't believe he cares about public opinion at this point. How much of his agenda is he going to accomplish on the way down?

I believe a lot of the rush concerning pet legislation has to do with getting it shoved through before re-election pressures mount, and once signed into law changes might be difficult to reverse.

LAPhil 11-26-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilbegone (Post 1712)
Obama is going to crash and burn, but I don't believe he cares about public opinion at this point. How much of his agenda is he going to accomplish on the way down?

I believe a lot of the rush concerning pet legislation has to do with getting it shoved through before re-election pressures mount, and once signed into law changes might be difficult to reverse.

Unfortunately you're right, which is why we have to keep up the pressure on congress and remind them that they could easily be unemployed after next year.

LAPhil 12-12-2009 12:34 PM

Now he's even losing a lot of the Democrats!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._tracking_poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 25% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -16. That’s the lowest Approval Index rating yet recorded for this President (see trends).

The 25% who Strongly Approve matches the lowest level of enthusiasm yet recorded. That’s partly the result of declining enthusiasm among Democrats. While Democrats continue to offer their approval, just 43% Strongly Approve.

Ole Glory 12-13-2009 10:49 AM

IMHO:

Nobama is just a puppet. He will not live long enough to finish out his 4 year term. Everytime I see him on TV he looks thinner and thinner and his lips are deep purple. I think he has lung cancer (or something else, he is not getting enough oxygen). Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.:eek:

Eagle1 12-13-2009 06:40 PM

Well it sure looks like he is planning to take the whole USA with him.:mad:

Rim05 12-14-2009 06:15 AM

Really Glory, he looks the same to me. I don't think his health is a problem but I would hate to have the load he has on his plate.
I think about what we had in Nov.08 and what could have been/or be done and I never come up with a solution. It took years to come to where we are and no one can/will solve it in a few months.
I have been prepared for the worst for a long time, like years ago.

Cruisingfool 12-14-2009 02:32 PM

We need to leave politics out of our crisis. Its only obvious nobody who is power these days, they just change seats. This is what we truly should be fighting for "Our Country"!

Patriotic Army Mom 12-14-2009 04:43 PM

His aura looks very bad and dark and it has nothing to do with his skin color. There is nothing nice around is face, it's all ugly.

Kathy63 12-15-2009 11:16 AM

He looks like a typical cocaine addict to me.

Jeanfromfillmore 12-15-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy63 (Post 2478)
He looks like a typical cocaine addict to me.

Kathy, that's a little harsh wouldn't you say. I admit he looks like a scarecrow, all skin and bones. But to say a cocaine addict is pretty harsh. Maybe he's bolemic/annerxic. (don't know how to spell either one of those). I just wish he would disappear all together. But then we'd be left with Biden.

Rim05 12-15-2009 02:09 PM

Hey, we see what ever we want to see. No one would like to know all I (think) I see :D

DerailAmnesty.com 12-16-2009 03:38 AM

The presidency is a great strain on anyone who has it. You're the Leader of the Free World. I can't think of a President during my adult life who didn't gray and age significantly during his first term.

Rim05 12-16-2009 05:10 AM

Since Obama is so bad, I would like to hear some tell us who they would like to have as POTUS. If you throw in why that would be super.

Palin2012 12-16-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ole Glory (Post 2331)
IMHO:

Nobama is just a puppet. He will not live long enough to finish out his 4 year term. Everytime I see him on TV he looks thinner and thinner and his lips are deep purple. I think he has lung cancer (or something else, he is not getting enough oxygen). Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.:eek:

ahh! Now we have a new nickname for the present POTUS: " Hypoxic Obama". Umm! Kind of rhymes with toxic.

Ayatollahgondola 12-16-2009 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 2499)
The presidency is a great strain on anyone who has it. You're the Leader of the Free World. I can't think of a President during my adult life who didn't gray and age significantly during his first term.

Another theory for this is that during the campaigns they probably take extra steps to look young and vibrant while in public. After they are married to us they let themselves go a little;)

LAPhil 12-16-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 2504)
Another theory for this is that during the campaigns they probably take extra steps to look young and vibrant while in public. After they are married to us they let themselves go a little;)

Or married to their wives? ;)

DerailAmnesty.com 12-16-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 2500)
Since Obama is so bad, I would like to hear some tell us who they would like to have as POTUS. If you throw in why that would be super.

Tom McClintock because he is the most important thing the leader of the U.S. needs to be at this point in history - fiscally responsible.

Also, he has a penchant for doing something most elected officials don't, and I would consider it a refreshing change of pace. He speaks honestly to his constituents.

I could also deal with Jeff Sessions because he has a proven record of not bowing to inordinate amounts of pressure insofar as illegal immigration is concerned. Get rid of the illegals, and it will solve a lot of the problems our country is currently facing.

LAPhil 12-16-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 2511)
Tom McClintock because he is the most important thing the leader of the U.S. needs to be at this point in history - fiscally responsible.

Also, he has a penchant for doing something most elected officials don't, and I would consider it a refreshing change of pace. He speaks honestly to his constituents.

Not to mention the fact that he's adamantly opposed to illegal immigration and amnesty. I'd also nominate Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann of Minnesota. She has an "A" grade on illegal immigration from Numbers USA and is right on the mark on just about every other issue in my book.

Rim05 12-16-2009 09:05 AM

I could also deal with Jeff Sessions because he has a proven record of not bowing to inordinate amounts of pressure insofar as illegal immigration is concerned. Get rid of the illegals, and it will solve a lot of the problems our country is currently facing.

Thanks for the post. Those are good choices. I see posters always say things about a person or what that person does wrong but never what would be a solution. Now if we can only get people to get behind those two and any others who are 'real Americans'.

Kathy63 12-16-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 2482)
Kathy, that's a little harsh wouldn't you say. I admit he looks like a scarecrow, all skin and bones. But to say a cocaine addict is pretty harsh. Maybe he's bolemic/annerxic. (don't know how to spell either one of those). I just wish he would disappear all together. But then we'd be left with Biden.

Have you ever read any of his books? He writes extensively about his drug addiction. Over and over he has waxed poetically over how much he "loved his blow". During the campaign he spoke about drugs to high school students and his own drug use.

Not once did he ever say he quit. Not one time.

He looks like a typical cocaine addict. That's his appearance and demeanor.

Jeanfromfillmore 12-16-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy63 (Post 2519)
Have you ever read any of his books? He writes extensively about his drug addiction. Over and over he has waxed poetically over how much he "loved his blow". During the campaign he spoke about drugs to high school students and his own drug use.

Not once did he ever say he quit. Not one time.

He looks like a typical cocaine addict. That's his appearance and demeanor.

Okay, I'll agree with you on this one. And being in his position, he could get it by proscription and no one would be the wiser. But I think that's kind of going out on a limb to say that it's true. But I will say he sure is skinny, not thin, he's skinny.

LAPhil 12-16-2009 03:44 PM

Not to defend the guy, but he could probably run circles around most of us physically.

Jeanfromfillmore 12-16-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 2546)
Not to defend the guy, but he could probably run circles around most of us physically.

Ya, you're right there.

Rim05 12-16-2009 07:11 PM

I wonder how we would all look if our shoulders had the weight his have. I am not defending any thing Obama does or does not do but I also can't see or think what he can do that would cause anyone out there to give him any credit.

wetibbe 12-17-2009 07:46 AM

Read my E-mail.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...2009-17-12.jpg

Jeanfromfillmore 12-17-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 2556)
I wonder how we would all look if our shoulders had the weight his have. I am not defending any thing Obama does or does not do but I also can't see or think what he can do that would cause anyone out there to give him any credit.

Rimo, I understand what you're saying and why. But Obama campaigned for this job, and he didn't have any experience to qualify for the position, not one bit. So if he's inundated and feeling overwhelmed it is mostly his own fault. He knew what he was getting into when he started. Now we're all stuck with his incompetence and the trash that he is placing around him. Hillary isn't looking so bad now to those who voted for Obama. She would have done a much better job than Obama, that I'm sure of. At least she would have put some more experienced and better people in her office. But that's water under the bridge and we can only hope that things don't get worse, but they probably will. It is never good to have too much power by one party in control, and that goes for both sides. It is much better when they balance themselves out. But because of Bush and his stupidity, everyone ran to the left and we're seeing the results of that. Let's just hope we get a better mix in 2010.

LAPhil 12-17-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetibbe (Post 2577)

Wetibbe, I love the picture! I know there are some who would call it racist, but who cares, right?

Jeanfromfillmore 12-17-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 2591)
Wetibbe, I love the picture! I know there are some who would call it racist, but who cares, right?

Phil, my brother shined shoes when he was a little kid. If anyone considers that photo racist, they're just plain ignorant.

LAPhil 12-17-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore (Post 2593)
Phil, my brother shined shoes when he was a little kid. If anyone considers that photo racist, they're just plain ignorant.

Yes, you and I know that, Jean. I was just thinking how some liberals who fancy themselves "racially sensitive" would undoubtedly say it perpetuates the stereotype of the black shoeshine boy.

Jeanfromfillmore 12-17-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAPhil (Post 2603)
Yes, you and I know that, Jean. I was just thinking how some liberals who fancy themselves "racially sensitive" would undoubtedly say it perpetuates the stereotype of the black shoeshine boy.

Ya, you're right they will use anything to perpetuate the 'poor victim of society'. We were poor, and like I said my brother shined shoes. I went to school with all the other poor kids, and my first best friend was Black. But we never thought of ourselves as victims. We just thought of ourselves as Americans.

Rim05 12-17-2009 08:17 PM

[B]I do have a problem with the 'shoe shine' picture. I know there are some who cannot stand it that a person such as Obama actually won the presidental election. I will say that I don't think there is such a thing as 100%approvoal for any president we have ever had however, but with our country's past history I do find that picture offensive. I don't care who does not like what I am saying. It is a fact and needs to be said. Most people were Ignorant Jack Asses while the Cowboy was in office and he deserved all the scorn I heaped on him. B]

Jeanfromfillmore 12-17-2009 08:42 PM

I was just having a conversation with my roommate Rose. Rose does housecleaning and is quite happy at doing it. She works hard and enjoys her clients. Well today she told me that she has ran into many Hispanics who refuse to do housework for a living, no matter what. They would consider that below them. Now we all know that may Hispanics/Latinos do maid service and housecleaning. But what should she think of those that consider what she does below them? Are they racists against their own? Are they being racist to Rose?
I asked Rose why they refused to do such work, and she said that it's the typical stereotype and they refuse to do it. Some are collecting welfare, yet cleaning houses and maid service is 'below' them. What has this society created when people consider doing an honest job is below collecting welfare?

Rim05 12-17-2009 09:11 PM

Any honest job is just that, an honest job. I had a dentist who said one of his sons did not want to be a dentist, HE wanted to be a plumber. No job is beneath everyone. Caring for children would be a never for me, not even teaching school. The shoe shine picture was meant to degrade Obama so let us not try to be cute about a bad supposed to be funny.

DerailAmnesty.com 12-17-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rim05 (Post 2634)
The shoe shine picture was meant to degrade Obama so let us not try to be cute about a bad supposed to be funny.

I agree. There is definitely a racial component to that photoshopped pic. The fact that the guy's been a disaster is unrelated to his skin color. That's about the same as having him appear as a lawn jockey.

I would consider it much more appropriate to have him dressed in a Chairman Mao outfit or wearing the battle fatigues of Fidel Castro. Those, at least, would be fair derision of his politics rather than his race.

Ayatollahgondola 12-17-2009 09:58 PM

I think the picture is no big deal, but to do that I had to remind myself that race is irrelevant. lots of presidents have been characterized in demeaning manners, and none of them ever had race as a shield. He's a public figure, and this photo is just another lampoon. If we start extending him special considerations because of his color/race, we might as well throw in the towel with the illegals right now.

DerailAmnesty.com 12-17-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 2636)
I think the picture is no big deal, but to do that I had to remind myself that race is irrelevant. lots of presidents have been characterized in demeaning manners, and none of them ever had race as a shield. He's a public figure, and this photo is just another lampoon. If we start extending him special considerations because of his color/race, we might as well throw in the towel with the illegals right now.

Oh, please.

The entire gist/humor behind the picture is that the President is in a subservient position to Sarah Palin. Shoe shining (whether you consider it honorable work/honest labor or not) is a profession that was almost completely occupied by uneducated blacks. That picture is a jab at his race. The "humor" just happens to work because he's black. If we had an Asian president, the same thing could be conveyed by putting that person in a Chinese laundry situation or dressing him as Hop Sing from Bonanza. If he was Latino it could be a cartoon with the President using a leaf blower or mopping a floor. With Clinton or Jimmy Carter it could've been conveyed by having them lounging around a trailer/mobile home park with a can of beer in hand.

That cleaning, gardening, ironing shirts and shining shoes are respectable ways to turn a buck is irrelevant. They are positions of subservience accurately associated with members of certain ethnic/racial groups. The shoe shining thing wouldn't work with Bush or Clinton b/c shoe shining isn't associated with whites.

To pretend that these stereotypes don't exist is folly. And to disapprove of a jibe with a racial overtone to it is hardly throwing the borders wide open.

Obama is a bad president because he's bankrupting us. He's not a bad president because he's black.

Ayatollahgondola 12-17-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com (Post 2640)
Oh, please.

The entire gist/humor behind the picture is that the President is in a subservient position to Sarah Palin.

it's not a rembrandt or Picasso, and this isn't an art class or museum tour. You are allowed to interpret it in any manner you see fit. I chose not to give racial connotation a priority here. Toss out the race card and it may take on a different meaning to you.
I used to have a standing reply to some of my male employees back in the day, after they came crawling back to ask for work after having voluntarily deserted their posts without a word for some short term higher paying gig that didn't pan out.
I'd say: "I'm glad you're back; I can always use a faithful man servant to hand my undergarments to before my shower".
It was humorously demeaning, but never racially motivated. That's the way I saw this photo.

Jeanfromfillmore 12-17-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola (Post 2642)
it's not a rembrandt or Picasso, and this isn't an art class or museum tour. You are allowed to interpret it in any manner you see fit. I chose not to give racial connotation a priority here. Toss out the race card and it may take on a different meaning to you.
I used to have a standing reply to some of my male employees back in the day, after they came crawling back to ask for work after having voluntarily deserted their posts without a word for some short term higher paying gig that didn't pan out.
I'd say: "I'm glad you're back; I can always use a faithful man servant to hand my undergarments to before my shower".
It was humorously demeaning, but never racially motivated. That's the way I saw this photo.

I didn't see it as racial either. Like I said, my brother shined shoes. Some of us grew up totally different and race was never a factor. I've mentioned that I grew up in a racially mixed society many times on this and the old board, and as a result I didn't see racial undertones in that picture. What I saw was someone preforming a service for someone else. It didn't have much of an impact on me. Maybe, and obviously, I just don't get racial humor. I don't find many things funny at someone elses' expense. But that doesn't mean others won't find it humorous. And finding that someone perceives honest work respectable is not irrelevant, because it allowed me to view that photoshop photo as nothing more than it was, that being someone preforming a service for someone else. The only humor I might get out of it was that Obama looks like he lost his job, which wouldn't be a bad thing. You see I don't think there are any jobs that are below what Americans will do.

LAPhil 12-18-2009 02:45 AM

I look at it this way: Am I personally offended by something which might be construed as racist? There are some things which I find racially offensive and some which I do not. My gut reaction to the picture was obviously a positive one, and since there is nothing in it I find offensive it would be hypocritical for me to label it as racist.